“the bell igaloo”

The Bell Inn
and 1 more site!
The Bell Inn
Reviewed 24 November 2013

went to the bell last evening with my wife and children
food was good but had to keep our coats on as the pub was freezing
worth trying but take your thermal underwear
location great service good cost fair
all it needs is some form of heating

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank 645vince

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Visited the Bell this week for a family meal with my mother, brother and cousin, and I must say I was extremely impressed! We were recommended the pub by a family friend. We arrived to a fairly busy resultant, lucky for us we'd booked! My mother and cousin both had the chicken fajitas that came out on a hot sizzling plate with dips and wraps! and from what they told me, they were delicious! My younger brother had a steak, which was cooked superbly!! I myself had the lamb off their specials board, I asked for dauphinoise potatoes with it and they were more than happy to do so, and I must say it was so tasty! When me and my mother went to pay we got chatting to the manager who seemed lovely and pleasant! He told us he is currently working at Fagin's another one of their pubs, and recommended us to try it out. So that's where we are heading next!! Thanks quality inns!

Stayed: November 2013
5  Thank v b
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Overall, the food was the best part of the evening, although I had to ask for a steak knife to cut my duck breast. What let them down were the staff, the waitress that served my table had nail varnish on, jewellery and her hair was not tied back. Extremely unhygienic and some of the number 1 rules of waitressing broken! When clearing our empty plates this 'said waitress' stacked the plates practically on my lap, plates should never be stacked at the table, if a waitress cannot stack onto her arm then she should just take what she can manage and come back for the rest! Bitterly disappointed and shall never return!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank fn14
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We only stayed for two out of the three nights my company booked for me because the room was so bad!
Mould in the shower stall, shower head loose, hot water control needed muscles to turn! very badly stained carpet, rotting window frame that the panes nearly fell out of when we tried to close the window, noise from the smoking area outside till late, banging door somewhere in the hotel that went on till late, the management didn't even ask why we left a day early!
On the web site of the hotel it says "You will not be disappointed" and "Luxurious four star rooms"
We couldn't leave fast enough! no more quaint old hotels for us ....Look out Travel Lodge and Premiere Inn we are coming! Don't stress yourself, don't stay at the Bell Inn Frampton!
The food and beer was very good , sad about the room

Room Tip: stay at a travel lodge, for less money
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank bill c
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This is the second time I have had a meal at this pub. On both occasions the service has been slow and sloppy. When I asked if they could bring cutlery I was told it was by the bar and that I had to get it myself. This is poor customer service in my view. It is understaffed and the waitresses are harassed and overworked. The management has to bear responsibility for this lamentable state of affairs. It is a pity because the pub is situated in a beautiful village with a fine view of the green and within short walking distance of a lovely stretch of the River Severn. The owners of this chain need to up their game.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank James63_13
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I am writing this review, while still in the hotel. After having 2 terrible nights sleep, due to the fact that The Bell Inn has a late licence until 2am!!! I personally think we should have been told when booking about the late licence and that this weekend the funfair would be right outside our window. We ate in the restaurant the first night, service was quite slow and food was alright, but yesterday we decided to eat and drink in a pub about 2 miles up the road called The Ship which I have to say was far better than The Bell Inn. As stated in a previous review, the management need to decide as to whether they have a late licence or offer accommodation. It does not work offering both and it's not fair not to warn people in advance. Housekeeping leaves a lot to be desired. On a positive note, the room is nice.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lisa6974
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed there for a weekend break !! Never again and the music was so loud from the juke box and going on until 2pm. Let me say just dont bother ! The food was very average when it finally arrived. The service from the bar staff was at least pretty good but they were so under staffed. If you like to wait 10-15 minutes just to get served this is the place for you !!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Duchy117

Been to The Bell Inn? Share your experiences!