“Lovely meal at the Bell Inn”
Review of The Bell Inn

The Bell Inn
and 1 more site!
The Bell Inn
Standlake, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal at the Bell Inn”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was our first time to Frampton on Severn and we came to see Giffords Circus which were parked on the green opposite the Bell Inn. There were 14 in our party and we booked for 7.30. It was busy in the pub and we arrived and hour earlier than expected but the staff made up very welcome and still seated us early. Despite being busy they served us promptly. Food was good pub grub at reasonable prices. Would definately visit again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank alison y

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

My mother in-law booked us rooms and an evening meal at the bell for all the family last week. After reading some of the previous trip advisor reviews, my expectations were far from high but oh how wrong I was.

Our reception on arrival was fantastic. All staff were very friendly and we felt immediately at home.

Once shown to our room, we couldn't fault it. We stayed in the "Cambridge suite" with large double bedroom, en-suite bathroom and separate lounge/kitchenette area. All complete with views of the famous village green. At first disappointed to hear that cooked breakfast was not included in the room, however we then discovered that our continental breakfast in the room consisted of croissants, crumpets, cereals, muffins, fruit, orange juice and more!

We booked a table of 14 in the modern and well furnished restaurant. We were all impressed with the verity of traditional food and fresh fish available. We all had starters and mains and those of us that could manage pudding after the generous portions were not disappointed with the selection of homemade desserts either.

From the quality of food to the high standard of service provided there was no room for criticism. We will no doubt be using the bell for future gatherings. Not to mention making use of the rooms for our family members that have a little further to travel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mary F
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Made the mistake of staying here last weekend, we did not eat or drink here so unable to comment on the bar / restaurant. Stayed in the Cambridge suite which was in dire need of a complete overhaul, though offered a good space with views over the green. No hot water in the morning and a bizarre DIY breakfast left in the fridge. At £90 a night a fresh English breakfast should be included. Staff while pleasant seemed not to care when advised about the lack of hot water, and certainly did not offer anything to compensate or entice us back

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Prestburyperson

Travellers are raving about these Frampton on Severn hotels

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My party of seven ate here Cheltenham Festival week, The food was so good we returned for a second night.

On Monday to Wednesday evening you get 30% off your total food bill, so it was great value for money, but we dined Thursday also , and meals are reasonably priced.

The steak pie is particularly recommended.

Our waiter was named Ryan and he looked after us so well, A great asset to "The Bell.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
7 Thank Sheshe90
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

went to the bell last evening with my wife and children
food was good but had to keep our coats on as the pub was freezing
worth trying but take your thermal underwear
location great service good cost fair
all it needs is some form of heating

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank 645vince
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Visited the Bell this week for a family meal with my mother, brother and cousin, and I must say I was extremely impressed! We were recommended the pub by a family friend. We arrived to a fairly busy resultant, lucky for us we'd booked! My mother and cousin both had the chicken fajitas that came out on a hot sizzling plate with dips and wraps! and from what they told me, they were delicious! My younger brother had a steak, which was cooked superbly!! I myself had the lamb off their specials board, I asked for dauphinoise potatoes with it and they were more than happy to do so, and I must say it was so tasty! When me and my mother went to pay we got chatting to the manager who seemed lovely and pleasant! He told us he is currently working at Fagin's another one of their pubs, and recommended us to try it out. So that's where we are heading next!! Thanks quality inns!

Stayed November 2013
5 Thank v b
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Overall, the food was the best part of the evening, although I had to ask for a steak knife to cut my duck breast. What let them down were the staff, the waitress that served my table had nail varnish on, jewellery and her hair was not tied back. Extremely unhygienic and some of the number 1 rules of waitressing broken! When clearing our empty plates this 'said waitress' stacked the plates practically on my lap, plates should never be stacked at the table, if a waitress cannot stack onto her arm then she should just take what she can manage and come back for the rest! Bitterly disappointed and shall never return!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
#2 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
The Painswick
The Painswick
#1 of 1 in Painswick

Been to The Bell Inn? Share your experiences!