“Hard to find but very authentic”

Con Spirito Di...Vino
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
nottingham
“Hard to find but very authentic”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Ate here for a 'special' birthday meal. Quite hard to locate the restaurant, but glad we did. Food was very good, if a little overpriced,for what we had. The owner makes it an enjoyable experience, especially the tour of the wine cellar. The Son was a bit standoffish, but didn't spoil the overall experience.

• Visited October 2012

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“AMAZING”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Every time i go to Trevignano and when you go to Trevignano THIS IS THE PLACE TO GO! Run by a an amazing couple who hate and love each other in a twisted way (if you understand italian you will understand, nothing scary they are just very very funny), great service and the food... do not have words for it....just go and try it, you'll thank me!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank alexander p
Orlando, FL
“Amazing food, odd service”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I ate at Spirito di Vino on my last night in Rome. I had stopped there on a food tour and experienced the wine cellar and some canapes and wanted to go back for a full meal. We went on a Thursday night around 8:15pm and were able to get in without a reservation although we were given a dissapointed look for not making a reservation as if we were putting them out. We ordered a bottle of wine from the owner and he recommended a different type that was better and a cheaper price which surprised us. It was great. The food was amazing. We had four courses so that we could try everything. In Italy you often find the same dishes on all menus but this place is different. They offer many different options most of which you will not find on another menu in Rome. It was a great last meal in Rome for sure.

• Visited June 2013
“Not quite what I expected”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

With everything we'd heard, I expected our dining experience here to be stellar - sadly, not quite. We arrived to find the door locked. No problem as there was a bell. A young woman opened the door and asked if we had a reservation. Yes, I replied and gave her my name. She motioned my wife and I to the upstairs area. Mind you, small restaurant, maybe 15 tables. When we got upstairs a young man approached and rather accusatory asked, "Who let you in? Do you have a reservation?" Not exactly the welcome we'd hoped.

When we were seated with menus another gentleman arrived to ask if we had any questions. I requested two glasses of white wine. His response was, "It takes only seconds to get the wine, but 15 minutes to prepare your appetizer - look at the menu first". Once I explained that we had walked for about 45 minutes to reach them he agreed to bring the wine.

So far I was confronted as to my right to be in the restaurant, then told I should wait for the wine, not for pairing purposes, but so they could get the kitchen started. Not a great beginning.

To be fair, who knows whether the younger man (perhaps the chef's son) or his father(??) may have had a bad day. Regardless our experience began poorly.

As to the food, our appetizers were good but not overly complex. Our main course of wild boar was over-salted and so the flavor of the meat was lost. The red wine 'choice' for the main course was a house Moltepulciano which the waiter insisted we have. Despite the extensive wine list he sold us the house red. This, by the way, was the same at almost every table. Can't be sure if that was profit motivated, but being a wine lover I had hoped to explore their other options.

All in all, disappointing after everything we had read.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Gerry S
London
“Pear and Dolcelatte Tortellini”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The food here is just wonderful. The chef makes puddings fresh for the night and these are texture and taste orientated. The anti pasti plates of salami and cheeses are unusual and sourced by the chef Gabriella. The host Settimio offers excellent advise on wines from Italy.

Visited March 2013