“Excellent value for the money!”

Ibis Budget Saint Maurice
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Saint Maurice
London, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for the money!”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I have been staying at this hotel (formally Etap Hotel) for many years for business purposes.
It has recently been completely refurbished and a change of management.
I like it! Let's not forget this is a budget hotel.
The new management is a lot more friendly than the previous one. Courteous and efficient.
The new beds are more than OK. I did not have any comfort issues. Internet access is free and accessible from the rooms. It can be a bit slow sometimes during peak hours but overall it was useable. I have seen a lot worse!
The furniture in the room is basic but functional. Again this is a budget hotel. Do not expect things like hair dryer, fridge, etc. In my last business trip, I stayed 3 weeks in this hotel and wouldn't complain. The area is nice. Plenty of restaurants and a supermarket nearby.
I was there in November and it was cold outside. Luckily the new heating system in the rooms worked great. I was never cold in the room. In terms of maintenance, I couldn't complain as well. I did not have any issues with the various rooms I had during my stay.
If you compare this budget hotel with the other one close by, the Hipotel, this Ibis Budget hotel is a lot better.
One detail, there is a microwave at the reception. Very convenient as I most of the time preferred having dinner in the room.

Will I return there? Definitely.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Philippe P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2012

A very basic modern room that has been recently refurbished with the smallest toilet cubicle I have ever seen, I struggled to use the toilet! Mostly clean and tidy except for a few hairs in the shower. Very good if you just want somewhere to sleep but wouldn't be any good if you intended to spend much time in the hotel.

The location was OK, its 9 iles from the centre of Paris. We drove in and found parking a little awkward as although its free to park overnight on the street from 9 am you have to pay and there is a 2 hour maximum until 6 pm, also there is no guarantee of a space as its a busy street. There is an underground car park round the corner but it locks its doors a bit early. It took about 30 minutes to get to the centre of Paris by car from here and I would recommend driving in as the RER station is a 15 minute walk and you have to cross a dual carrigeway to get to it. You can get the bus to Joinville RER and that takes about 5 minutes but by the time you have paid for the bus and the RER its expensive. For the 2 of us it was 16 Euro for the return.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stayed 5 nights in Sept 2011 and found the rooms clean and not smelly. Free Wifi was good.
Breakfast was disappointing but is optional - buffet of naff cereal, toast and coffee only.
Bus stop outside that goes to nearest RER (5mins walk only anyway). Close to the huge park which was nice to run around.
I would recommend but be aware that it is not in the very centre.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I have stayed several times at this hotel while visiting Paris on work. The RER station is a 10 minute walk, from which connectivity is very good to any part of Paris. The hotel is located on a quite street but there are quite a few restaurants to eat out. The rooms are small but comfortable, and there is free wifi now. The breakfast is ok for the amount charged. The only english channel on TV is the BBC.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Tommasoinn
Bucharest
Reviewed 13 July 2011

It was our second stay at this hotel while we have considered it quite convenient, clean and located in a quiet area! We have faced the same issue and I mean that bedding was somewhat incomplete, we should have covered ourselves with a blanket previously used by others! Our luck was that we had our own sheet for such situations and it was OK! Parking could be another matter but if you are lucky, you can find seats in the area; however you must spend a while on this purpose! Parking is free between 19:00 and 9;00 AM! The room is daily cleaned. We did not used the subway but I've heard the station is only ten minutes walk from the hotel. Finally, we had to change our travel plan and give up last night accommodation! Could you believe that the hotel manager has decided to refund the night cancelled? I wonder if you have faced such favourable reactions during your trips. I would definitely recomend this hotel to anyone travelling on budget.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
#1 of 4 in Nogent-sur-Marne
Hotel Saint Maur Creteil
Hotel Saint Maur Creteil
#1 of 3 in Saint-Maur-des-Fosses

Been to Ibis Budget Saint Maurice? Share your experiences!