“Fontainebleau on a budget”

Ibis Budget Fontainebleau Avon
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Avon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fontainebleau on a budget”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

A good inexpensive base for a visit to the palace. The hotel was clean and whilst the room and breakfast were basic, that's what we expected and paid for! Staff were friendly and helpful. It' located close to the station for those not touring by car. Parking was enclosed and free. Forest walks and cycling are a short distance away. The walk to the palace took us around 40 minutes but had we needed it, there is a bus stop just nearby with direct links.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Well I can happily report that to my experience not all Ibis Hotels are the same ! And is like a lottery where and which you stay at. This Ibis budget is apprently started life as an ETap hotel which I had stayed in one in Lyon three years ago and was also good enough for the price.
The hotel situated in a very convenient place not far from the train Station and shops and restaurants, has a very nice carpark too. As I arrived was greetd by a girl ,I think called Julie, very pleasant and polite and even helpful and obviously without any unnecessary fuss!
This Hotel uses all the benefits of the modern technology from the keyless enrty to your room and all the fixtures and fittings which I found very functional and easy . The hygene level of the room was impressive with very clean bed,sheets and bathroom and toilet were spotless, the shower dare I say was better than most 4 star hotels .
The only reason that falls short of excellent rating was the supply of only one towel ,though large fresh and clean ,was too big for hand wash and would be nice to dry the feet ,afer shower,with a separate towel too. But then again one must appreciate that is how the cost will rise so can't have everything!
Once all the hotel guest got in and parked up and stopped talking loudly there was no other intrusive noises from anything else and hence a good night sleep was achieved.
Breakfast was adequate and basic ,though not fantastic, and the resaurant area ultra clean and modern and the guy on duty very polite and friendly.
I drove off from the hotel very pleased and will certainly use it again when want an economy stay! This is not the same feeling i have had with my prevoius stay at Ibis in UK and confirmed by a friend that it can be a hit and miss affair !
Just one word of advise for people of larger size the toilets and showers can be a bit restricting !!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

This is the 2nd Ibis Budget hotel we've stayed in on this trip. This one we arrived late and had to use the automated check-in which worked perfectly, although the keypad to get into the building didn't work there were several people inside that opened the door for us. The room was better than the 1st as it had a separate bathroom. The bed was comfortable but the walls were a bit 'thin'. The TV was HD and only has BBC World Service in English. Breakfast was only ok as the coffee was from a machine and was more froth than liquid.

We will use the chain again but not this one as the reason we stayed was so we could visit the Chateau.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Have you ever heard the saying, "You get what you pay for" well this is the perfect example!! Our only excuse was we had been on the road a long time and the traffic in an unfamiliar village/country was stressful and the name Ibis popped up in our sights and we decided to go there as it was a familiar hotel chain we had stayed in before. That was our mistake!! The name Budget should have sent off warning bells straight away but we were desperate for a place to stop for the night and find somewhere to eat and all this was around 8.30pm so we took the room we were offered there. It was not the best move. The place was clean and in reasonable condition but that is where it ends. The bed was hard, lumpy and uncomfortable, the poor excuse for a pillow even worse than the mattress, which resulted in a terrible night's sleep. Would we do it again....no!! Our next hotel was a much better choice and only a few euros more for the comfort and a good nights sleep. You can read my review on that hotel when we have finished staying there in a few days time, but it will be a lot better than this one!!

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, ask for another pillow at least as the one pillow they have in the room is...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Avon hotels

Hamburg, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have stayed in this hotel in the past and I will probably stay there again, but only because I have no other choice in terms of money and location.
On my last visit, I arrived after 21.00, so there was no receptionist. It was my first time to use the automatic machine. I paid with my card and a ticket came out. I went upstairs to the room and realised that the cleaning lady forgot to clean the room!!! I had a room which was as someone had just left! Garbage everywhere, towels on the floor, etc.
I went downstairs to the machine again and booked another room. They have a device for "emergencies", but how do you define emergency? What if the police comes instead of hotel staff?
I was lucky there was one available, which was ok.
Next morning the receptionist was having breakfast and didn't bother to come at the reception although I was standing there as if I was waiting for her. Only when I went towards her she asked me if I needed help. I explained to her what happened and her reaction was "oh, c'est la femme de menage...". No apologies, nothing.
Of course, I didn't pay for the second room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
Ibis Chateau de Fontainebleau
#2 of 12 in Fontainebleau
Hotel Le Richelieu
Hotel Le Richelieu
#6 of 12 in Fontainebleau

Been to Ibis Budget Fontainebleau Avon? Share your experiences!