“Food ok, price good, being accused of not paying - priceless.”
Review of Martino's Jarrow

Martino's Jarrow
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Jarrow
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited tonight as part of a party of 21 to celebrate my partner’s birthday. The food is good, exactly what you would expect for the price, service was fine, etc etc.

Got to the end and people had been up to pay for various parts of the meal - we went to leave and we’re then told that 4 meals hadn’t been paid for. Asked for a full printout of what was ordered and what had been paid for (which I didn’t think was a big ask), only to be told this wasn’t possible.

After 10 minutes of the staff going through the bin to get all the receipts out and check them, it turned out that of course we had paid our bill.

Instead of a proper apology we received a reluctant ‘sorry about that.’

What a way to end a perfectly acceptable meal. Won’t be rushing back!

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Myself & partner visit regular also my granddaughter as she loves the fresh vegetables& homemade y/p Sunday lunch is fabulous plenty meats great choice of vegetables very tasty gravy and plenty & staff very nice it's a relaxing place to eat we won't go anywhere else for Sunday lunch it's just to nice

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We visit here about twice a month and will continue to do so. The staff are brilliant and the choice is great. Along with this the house wine is very good. I love the desserts the best and the crembrulle is lovely.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Food is exceptional. Been here numerous time with wife and also with the families. Second best Italian in the North East behind Little Italy in Sunderland in our opinion. But this place is lovelyz

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

We live local and having previously visited this restaurant a few years ago, under previous management and not being impressed, I came in initially with trepidation however with an open mind. The decor is impressive but the service is the thing that has improved substantially. The food was very tasty especially the mussels in a delicious sauce. Having a party of 6 which included a toddler and a Vegan, the staff were very attentive throughout.
I had a Pizza and my Wife Lasagne both delicious and generous portions.
One of the party had the Martino's special pizza with strips of steak and huge prawns...very impressive.
I am now a convert and we will return soon