“The best B&B by far!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fremington
Tarka Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Fremington B&B and Inns
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“The best B&B by far!”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I am currently working in the Barnstaple area for 3 days a week and I am so happy I found this B&B. I hope you find the review helpful if you’re looking to stay in the area.

I decided to book in with Chrissie and Dave after viewing their website whilst looking for places to stay in the area. After looking at the website pictures and reading about their travels and I’m glad that their experience of B&B’s have rubbed off onto their business. I was looking for a B&B with a friendly atmosphere where I could relax at the end of the day without the hassle and expense of hotel rooms and this place exceeded all expectations.

I currently stay with Chrissie and Dave 2 nights a week and have been staying for 3 months now. I would not go anywhere else, the house is amazing and the fact that Chrissie also has a cleaning business means the room is immaculate. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they are always happy to help if any problem occurs (and the shower is to die for!!!).

I cannot recommend this B&B enough. I have read the other reviews and cannot believe it can be given less than a 5 star rating, the house is situated 5 minute walk away from the Tarka Trail, 5 minute car journey from the beach and 10 minute walk from the local shops, the house is on a no through road meaning you can hardly hear a pin drop at night.

I would fully recommend this B&B and I will always stay with Chrissie and Dave whilst working/visiting the area in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Steve B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We had an amazing stay from the start. Chrissie and Dave were very helpful and recommended a lovely place for us to go in the evening, the room was spotless, very modern and full of lovely touches. We both had an amazing nights sleep!! The full English in the morning was amazing and we will definitely be returning when we visit North Devon again!! Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Becky D
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2013

The title says it all really. Chrissie and Dave could not have been more welcoming and the room with en-suite was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. There's a wide choice for breakfast, Chrissie emailed ahead to check what sort of thing I wanted, so plenty of what you want and none of what you don't.

Location wise it's perfect for the Tarka Trail (there's a path down to the trail right behind the house!) to get out and bike/walk around this part of North Devon and it's not far from Barnstaple and Bideford.

I'd absolutely recommend Tarka B&B to anyone and already have done to some friends.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Graham W
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Above and beyond what I expected from a b and b. Chrissie and Dave were very welcoming and friendly. The room and en suite was immaculate and there was plenty of room. Breakfast was beautiful and plenty of it so set you up for the day. Overall a fantastic pkace to stay and would recommend it to anyone, you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank 914rosep
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I’ve stayed here on several occasions, and each time had a brilliant experience. The owners Chrissie and Dave went above and beyond to make sure I had a great stay. The room is more than comfortable, with a very modern and clean ensuite bathroom. I think I was very lucky to find this B&B and would recommend it to anyone it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Kate S
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Driving to Fremington I got lost (it's easy to find but I was having a daffy moment) and called to say I'd be late. Dave, co-owner with Chrissie, offered to come and find me - impressive as it was supper time. Chrissie had also emailed in advance to see if I had any special food requests too, so I felt I was in good hands.

The double room, on the ground floor, is attractively decorated in modern style and is quite stunningly clean - not the tiniest whiff of dust or smudge anywhere. I wasn't surprised to learn that lovely Chrissie runs a cleaning company and understands that when you're staying somewhere, it's hugely important. As she said "I've stayed at places where I've come home wanting to take a shower."

Very decent TV/DVD, selection of films to watch, tea/coffee facilities, and a fab en-suite shower room which is bright, well-designed, shiny...just great. The cabinet thoughtfully contains everything one would need to survive a nuclear attack.

Tarka is not one of those rangy B&Bs with Heathcliffe views (at least not from the room) - it's at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac of modern houses.However, the next morning, after a really, really good and immaculately-served breakfast, I discovered that behind the house (we're talking on the other side of the wall) were fields and lanes and the start of the Tarka (the Otter book) trail...so I went for a wonderful sunlit walk.

I've taken one circle off for the fact that the room is fairly compact and I have a particular love of rangy B&Bs with great views from the room itself - but I'd definitely recommend Tarka B&B.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank charlotte a
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremington
Premier Inn Barnstaple Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,460 reviews
Cedars Inn
Cedars Inn
#1 of 3 in Sticklepath

Been to Tarka Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!