“Excellent Fremington B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fremington
Tarka Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Fremington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Just returned from a lovely stay with the new owners (Jane and Mike) of this superior, modern B&B. Perfectly located for walkers, bird watchers and cyclists exploring this North Devon gem. The accommodation is really spacious, pristine and to a very high standard; the hosts are very friendly, good company and keen to share their knowledge of the area. You will definitely not be disappointed with the standard of this ensuite accommodation, Breakfast was great with plenty of choice. We look forward to staying again hopefully in the not too distant future. Enjoy!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Harvey098

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Would definitely recommend this place! Its comfortable, clean and very well presented. Chrissie and Dave are really lovely and make you very welcome. Breakfast wasn't bad either! We will definitely be back and I can't wait until the next time.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Joanne H
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I am currently working in the Barnstaple area for 3 days a week and I am so happy I found this B&B. I hope you find the review helpful if you’re looking to stay in the area.

I decided to book in with Chrissie and Dave after viewing their website whilst looking for places to stay in the area. After looking at the website pictures and reading about their travels and I’m glad that their experience of B&B’s have rubbed off onto their business. I was looking for a B&B with a friendly atmosphere where I could relax at the end of the day without the hassle and expense of hotel rooms and this place exceeded all expectations.

I currently stay with Chrissie and Dave 2 nights a week and have been staying for 3 months now. I would not go anywhere else, the house is amazing and the fact that Chrissie also has a cleaning business means the room is immaculate. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they are always happy to help if any problem occurs (and the shower is to die for!!!).

I cannot recommend this B&B enough. I have read the other reviews and cannot believe it can be given less than a 5 star rating, the house is situated 5 minute walk away from the Tarka Trail, 5 minute car journey from the beach and 10 minute walk from the local shops, the house is on a no through road meaning you can hardly hear a pin drop at night.

I would fully recommend this B&B and I will always stay with Chrissie and Dave whilst working/visiting the area in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We had an amazing stay from the start. Chrissie and Dave were very helpful and recommended a lovely place for us to go in the evening, the room was spotless, very modern and full of lovely touches. We both had an amazing nights sleep!! The full English in the morning was amazing and we will definitely be returning when we visit North Devon again!! Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Becky D
Reviewed 5 April 2013

The title says it all really. Chrissie and Dave could not have been more welcoming and the room with en-suite was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. There's a wide choice for breakfast, Chrissie emailed ahead to check what sort of thing I wanted, so plenty of what you want and none of what you don't.

Location wise it's perfect for the Tarka Trail (there's a path down to the trail right behind the house!) to get out and bike/walk around this part of North Devon and it's not far from Barnstaple and Bideford.

I'd absolutely recommend Tarka B&B to anyone and already have done to some friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Graham W
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Above and beyond what I expected from a b and b. Chrissie and Dave were very welcoming and friendly. The room and en suite was immaculate and there was plenty of room. Breakfast was beautiful and plenty of it so set you up for the day. Overall a fantastic pkace to stay and would recommend it to anyone, you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank 914rosep
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I’ve stayed here on several occasions, and each time had a brilliant experience. The owners Chrissie and Dave went above and beyond to make sure I had a great stay. The room is more than comfortable, with a very modern and clean ensuite bathroom. I think I was very lucky to find this B&B and would recommend it to anyone it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Kate S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremington
Travelodge Barnstaple Hotel
#1 of 3 in Sticklepath
Broomhill Art Hotel
Broomhill Art Hotel
#1 of 1 in Muddiford

Been to Tarka Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!