“FRIENDLY HELPFUL STAFF,CLEAN ROOMS”

Premier Inn Portsmouth
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cosham
Premier Inn Portsmouth
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cosham
Derby, United Kingdom
“FRIENDLY HELPFUL STAFF,CLEAN ROOMS”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights on a sightseeing trip to Portsmouth. We arrived early but a room was ready immediately. The room was very clean and sizeable. Even though this hotel is near a main Road and we faced onto it,noise was not a problem. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, as were the waiting staff in the Harbour Lights Beefeater.
Would certainly recommend the premier breakfast!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hayle, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

The Premier Inn was booked by my employer, as I was on a training course, and the stay was for 5 nights.

I will start with the good points. Staff were friendly, location for Port Solent and motor way are great. Room was fairly clean. Breakfasts were ok.

Now for my bad points, the bed was rock hard you could launch the space shuttle with these bed springs. The inn has no air con and not wanting to open the window for security reasons, the room was very hot. So my first 2 night were almost sleepless. I asked for a room change but was told all the beds are the same. Although I eventually moved upstairs and was given a fan. Yep all the beds are the same. The windows and the catches were old so I did feel a little security conscious in the downstairs room.

The food in the attached pub was edible but with a huge menu most of the food, I assume, is prepared off site and warmed up in the kitchen. The chips were always soggy so I'm sure were from the oven.

One really annoying point is the big sign outside saying £29.99 per room per night. So why did my employer pay almost £80? Perhaps it is for the Chernobyl Premier Inn, in the height of winter with a power cut.

The Premier inn is very basic not a hotel more like a lodge, okay for one night but no more. Top tip eat at the Port Solent board walk, lots of different restaurants some are reasonably priced.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank bigwaverider9
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Portsmouth, responded to this review, 14 July 2010
Thanks for your review. We are disappointed that you were not entirely satisfied during your time with us. At Premier Inn it really matters to us that you enjoy your stay. Your comments have been noted and will be duly followed up by the management team at our Portsmouth hotel. Your feedback is much appreciated and we do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Cosham hotels

Devon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2009

We often stay at one or other of the two premier inns here in Portsmouth. Unfortunately whilst the staff at this branch (the older one) are very helpful the building itself is very tired and linen unclean and tired. It is very dark and uninviting and the pub next door appalling.

We usually arrive on a Friday night after a long journey and can't be dealing with the hassle of going into Portsmouth. Despite booking a table, the restaurant is always half empty and the staff always say that there is a wait??? The food is greasy and tables filthy. The bar area not much better. Service always takes ages. It really annoys me that these restaurants aren't better managed. You only go to them because they are convenient and somewhere to grab a quick meal but they can't even deliver that....

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Portsmouth, responded to this review, 30 December 2009
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn our main objective remains to deliver a high level of customer service in all our establishments. We apologise that the our hotel and restaurant did not meet your expectations. Your comments have been noted and will be duly investigated by both Head Office and the Management Team at our Portsmouth hotel. Please be assured at Premier Inn we take the service provided to all our guests very seriously and your feedback will be duly followed up. Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we do hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Redditch
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2008

The Premier Inn slogan is 'Everything's premier but the price' and the advertisements featuring Lenny Henry would suggest a no frills HOTEL at a great price.
I have to say I have stayed at Premier Inn's before, and will stay again, but having stayed at Cosham (PO6 4SA) for 2 nights from Saturday 25th October 2008. I definetly disagree with their slogan as charging £98 for ROOM only is extortion. The Sunday night was £58 on the same basis. The rooms are spacious and the bed was comfy - but there really are no frills. No biscuits, shower caps, hooks on bathroom door, telephone for ringing reception or other rooms.
They say they guarantee a good nights sleep or your money back but actually not sure how that would be honoured as I didn't sleep particularly well but nothing I would say was their fault. The bed was comfy, didn't hear too much traffic noise or other guests. If you want 'all you can eat' breakfast you have to decide the day before and whether you want Continental or Full English. There were 4 of us staying the two nights and we all opted for breakfast on the 2nd morning (booked the night before - our friends are veggies and they checked a vegetarian breakfast option was possible when booking Full English). Its the 1st time staying at a Premier Inn that we have opted to have the £7.50 each all you eat. We entered the adjacent Beefeater for our Brekkie at 8.35am (we were told Breakfast is served on a weekday 7 - 9am). We were seated quickly and along came our waitress to take our order. We were immediately informed there were no sausages left - but said she did have vegetarian ones when we asked. You actually have to state how many of sausages, bacon rashers, tomatoes, eggs (and how you want them cooked) you want with or without mushrooms and tomatoes. Being a big fan of proper all you can eat breakfasts like Hilton hotels, I thought this was pushing the idea by having to state exactly what quantities you wanted and therefore illiminates the liklihood of asking for more. Whilst the main brekkie was cooking we could help ourselves to the tea, coffee, fruit juice, cereal, dried fruit, yogurt, mini muffins and toast. However we had to ask them to replenish glasses, cups, bowls, plates, sauces, juice....and there really wasn't much choice of what was supposed to be available. At 9.05am the 'mains' arrived dished up without any veggie sausages as she then informed us they had run out of those too! Our friends cooked vegetarian all you can eat breakfast didn't actually have much left on the plate. Whilst the waitress didn't know where to put herself we said we would complain when we got back to reception. As we were finishing off brekkie the table next to ours who'd arrived just after us, must have had the same problems abd complained to the restaurant manager as one of the party from the table alongside told us they had agreed the breakfast wasn't up to their high standards and he would be advising reception to refund us. So thanks to the table next to us and the restaurant manager recognising the problem we didn't have to make the complaint ourselves and when we went back to reception he was on the phone to the receptionist to instruct her to refund our £7.50 each. We were happy with the outcome but has put me off having breakfast at a Premier Inn again as the restuarant manager did say they had run out because we had arrived towards the end of the breakfast session. However I think that's a poor excuse especially as they took our orders and payment for it the day before and if they should be able to supply breakfast throughout the breakfast hours. They especially should have held back vegetarian sausages for the vegetarians they had taken pre-bookings from.
I also should mention that the bar of the Beefeater whilst was open until midnight on the saturday night, actually had last orders at 10pm on the Sunday night because the barman wanted the bar cleared by 10.30pm. I think this was a bit off seeing as we were residents of the Premier Inn and remember Premier Inns don't have on-site bars or lounges on their own premises.
On the plus side it was free parking to residents by getting a parking permit from reception. Also need to be aware that there are two Premier Inns on the same site because they have acquired what was the Tulip Inn Hotel. The one we stayed in was at PO6 4SA attached to the Beefeater called Harbour Lights, the other is on Binnacle way postcode PO6 4FB next to Pizzahut.

• Liked — Comfy Bed
  • Disliked — expensive
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
doncaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2008

There are 2 Premier Inn hotels next to each other & i stayed in the newer one of the two on a 4 day business trip.The reception area is spacious with lovely decor & big comfy sofas.Check in was easy & straight forward.The room was decorated to a high standard & was
very clean.The shower was massive & was definatley a power shower with plenty of hot water.The first night i ate in the downstairs restaurant & the service was excellent, i ordered duck which was cooked beautifully but my potatoes were cold when i mentioned this to the staff they were very appologetic replased my meal & offered complimentary drinks.Breakfast again was to a very good standard.
Overall a lovely hotel & i will definatley stay there again.

• Liked — rooms & reception
  • Disliked — cold potatoes
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank JAAD
Worthing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2007

Lovely experience with this Hotel. I booked direct for a business meeting being held at IBM. The receptionist on the end of the telephone was polite and helpful, providing me with a plethora of information about of the stay.

Upon arrival to the hotel, I was greeted by two helpful and friendly receptionists (Faye & Robert). They are what makes this hotel special. Throughout my stay, they were extremely helpful and went beyond the call of duty to make sure that I was as comfortable as possible. I also saw the same excellent treatment of other guests around me. I really felt like a valued customer.

The staff in the restaurant were sextremely busy, and although not as helpful as Faye and Robert from reception, were polite and efficient none the less. I was slightly dissapointed with the quality of the food coming fromt he Beefeater. It was clearly from a packet / microwaved. However, the taste of the food was fine
and the wine was excellent.

I am planning on staying at this hotel again in the new year, and hope to repeat the same experience.

Stayed November 2007
1 Thank traveleralpha1
London, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2006

A clean budget hotel. Reasonably large rooms, clean decore, good price. Ideal for a night or two's stay, but no personality! A few miles from anywhere, so car required.

Beefeter Pub next door - good steaks etc. Tesco's nearby.

Do go up the Spinaker Tower, visit the Historic Dockyard and take the Hovercraft to the Isle of Wight.

• Stayed September 2006
1 Thank TheLondonGuy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cosham
Premier Inn Portsmouth Port Solent Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North
Premier Inn Portsmouth North Harbour Hotel
Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth
Premier Inn Portsmouth City Centre Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Portsmouth? Share your experiences!