“Lovely Hotel...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Premier Inn Portsmouth

Premier Inn Portsmouth
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cosham
Premier Inn Portsmouth
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cosham
Worthing
“Lovely Hotel...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2007

Lovely experience with this Hotel. I booked direct for a business meeting being held at IBM. The receptionist on the end of the telephone was polite and helpful, providing me with a plethora of information about of the stay.

Upon arrival to the hotel, I was greeted by two helpful and friendly receptionists (Faye & Robert). They are what makes this hotel special. Throughout my stay, they were extremely helpful and went beyond the call of duty to make sure that I was as comfortable as possible. I also saw the same excellent treatment of other guests around me. I really felt like a valued customer.

The staff in the restaurant were sextremely busy, and although not as helpful as Faye and Robert from reception, were polite and efficient none the less. I was slightly dissapointed with the quality of the food coming fromt he Beefeater. It was clearly from a packet / microwaved. However, the taste of the food was fine
and the wine was excellent.

I am planning on staying at this hotel again in the new year, and hope to repeat the same experience.

Stayed November 2007
1 Thank traveleralpha1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2006

A clean budget hotel. Reasonably large rooms, clean decore, good price. Ideal for a night or two's stay, but no personality! A few miles from anywhere, so car required.

Beefeter Pub next door - good steaks etc. Tesco's nearby.

Do go up the Spinaker Tower, visit the Historic Dockyard and take the Hovercraft to the Isle of Wight.

• Stayed September 2006
      Cleanliness
1 Thank TheLondonGuy
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2006

I dealt with this hotel regarding a business group booking for 2 nights for July 2006 for 10 rooms and from the very start the hotel staff were so disorganised, unhelpful and rude and short with me!

I dealt with them on an on-going basis over 2 months for amends, deposits etc and every single time I tried to call the phones would just ring and ring and ring..... On the times I actually got an answer I got "the person you need to speak to is not in/not available/on another call" and each time I was said I'd be called back but NEVER was!

They were making me pull my hair out with frustration and everything took 100 times as long as it should have!!

When we checked in they had messed room bookings up (even though they had faxes of all the booking details?! By this point I wasn’t at all surprised!) and were so unhelpful and fed up about it all and did not make us feel welcome one bit! I got to the point where I almost felt like having a go at them about it, but I didn't as I was on business and doubt it would have got me anywhere!!

The actual hotel itself was fine, clean and good condition with plenty of space, just the normal Premier Inn rooms. Although they didn't have climate control or air con and the rooms were roasting hot as they only had a little window. But reception did have a stock of fans for guests to use which was a life saver! (Wahey one helful thing they done!) There was a Beefeater next door which was nice food but got the same unhelpful and rude staff.

And to top it all somehow they've managed to charge me twice! So I've spent the last week and half trying to even speak to the right person to sort out! <sigh>

So all in all nice hotel but for group bookings it’s not worth going to it with the hassle you have to go through to even speak to the hotel! Single booking's just bloomin' book online to avoid verbal contact with them!!

• Liked — Location as very near to Port Solent
  • Disliked — The Staff!
  • Tips/Secrets — Do everything online not by telephone!
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Tiny_Pumba

Travellers are raving about these Cosham hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cosham
Premier Inn Portsmouth Port Solent Hotel
Ibis Portsmouth Centre
Ibis Portsmouth Centre
#20 of 38 in Portsmouth
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,431 reviews

Been to Premier Inn Portsmouth? Share your experiences!