“Elegant, exquisite and special”

Ristorante Art Nouveau
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Art Nouveau Restaurant is located in a wonderful villa of the late Eighteenth Century, a lovely art nouveau country house which represents the symbol of Santa Maria al Bagno, a small sea front town along the Salento West coast, one of the most charming locations in Puglia. An essential as well as priceless place, where the art of cooking merges with the beauty of nature, in a sort of appealing and surprising mixture.
Reviewed 16 September 2013

If you are wanting a more elegant and refined dining experience or a celebrating a special occasion (Birthday, anniversary) then you will not beat this restaurant in the immediate area. Yes, it is more expensive than the other restaurants but its different and it offers different dishes not offered in the neighbouring more informal eateries. That said, the restaurant, although more formal is not stuffy and we found the staff to be very friendly and charming. Even if you only go once on your trip, it is worth trying .

There are newer reviews for Ristorante Art Nouveau

Reviewed 20 July 2013

During our recent stay in Salento we decided to spend a day exploring the coast north of Gallipoli, when we arrived to the quaint village of Santa Maria al Bagno. There, overlooking the small bay that shapes the village, we found just by chance the Restaurant Art Nouveau in a beautiful Art Deco villa. We decided to treat ourselves with a nice lunch, but what came afterwards left our senses completely overwhelmed. Oh, how do I enjoy being jostled by random waves when I'm on holidays!
The meal was possibly one of the best that we enjoyed during our trip in Italy, which included Rome. The restaurant is exquisitely decorated and has a wonderful sea view. The service was always helpful and friendly when needed, contributing to the relaxing atmosphere. And the food was fantastic, always with excellent raw materials carefully cooked and presented. We shared the mixed antipasti platter, which is a fantasy of colours and flavours, the mint pasta was simply the best primi we had in our trip and the fish of the day was grilled in a very skillful way.
I would definitely recommend to let you be surprised by this unexpected pearl if you have the chance to visit S:a Maria al Bagno.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

This restaurant does not have its name up from outside but it can be easily recognised from the unusual style of architecture. There is a lovely raised terrace in front,looking over the seafront. Inside the walls are covered in reviews from a wide range of magazines. This restaurant is more upmarket than the other local ones, with some nice little touches it is more pricy, but is still not what I would consider an expensive restaurant.The food is good, although the portions are smaller than some other restaurants. I had the swordfish, which I considered a little overcooked.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I had read about this restaurant on another site as I was researching our upcoming trip to Puglia. It sounded great and fit into our travel schedule, as we would be driving from Matera to Gallipoli on one of our days.

I emailed the restaurant and received a prompt reply from the young proprietor, Jusef. We made reservations for lunch (although they were not really needed) and I let Jusef know that my wife was gluten-free. No issues whatsoever.

On arrival for our lunch, we found that the restaurant was in a gorgeous, old building and had the prime location in the cute, little town. We ate at a table outside on the patio. It overlooked the blue-watered town harbor.

Jusef recognized us on arrival (I guess we looked American?) and was so welcoming! Then came the food!!! Oh, how delightful a meal we had! So much fresh, fresh seafood. My mouth is watering now as I think about the salmon carpaccio! Jusef and staff went above and beyond for my wife and her dietary restrictions. So many excellent items to try.

We did not want to leave.....

So, a few days later, we made an unplanned special trip back to the restaurant for dinner! We couldn't imagine leaving Puglia without eating at this outstanding restaurant again. Our dinner, like our lunch was terrific. I cannot say enough about this place.

Ristorante Art Nouveau was, without question, the best restaurant we ate at during our 2-week visit to Puglia. If you are visiting Puglia, it would be worth your while to eat at this lovely restaurant.

Grazie, Jusef!

2  Thank Chucktown_Rob
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We did not eat at this restaurant as it was closed but judging be the decor of this former stately residence i am sure the food will be divine. The menu is fine italian cuisine, and a must place to dine for couples and friends