“Receivership not a problem”
Review of Paradise Palms

Paradise Palms
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kewarra Beach
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The Resort is currently in receivership but don't let this stop you from staying there. As a consequence they are doing some great package deals.

Rooms were good and clean , but beware some 'deals' do not include servicing of the room. we stayed for 3 nights and this was not a problem.

There were not many guests whilst we were there and is a $20 cab fare to Palm Cove and all it's restaurants.

One large pool and a smaller one as well, great BBQ facilities if you wont to cook but Resort restaurant is of very good standard.

Large children play area, very large !

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

If you are a golfer good accommodation deals include daily golf. Course is typical resort style and a little tired in some areas but overall a good challenge

Room Tip: Choose a room facing away from the road but the road is not really that busy
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Booked a deal through a website, which included golf and discounts off meals, then we added another 4 nights. Upgraded to a 1 bedroom apartment. Although it was the end of the wet season, and the possibility of rain, we were fortunate, had 4 days sunshine allowing us to play golf on all 4 days.
I was not disappointed with the Graham Marsh designed course, very technical, very risk and reward, requiring some thought and strategy, especially the par 3, 7th, go for the green if you dare.
Accommodation, happy with the apartment, the resort was very quiet which suited us, no crowds to deal with, the only couple at breakfast a couple of times, perfect for RnR.
Meals at the Fifty nine restaurant, at the Golf Clubhouse, were fine, what can I say about the service when there was only us and another couple, both David and Steve were very professional and good accompaniment for Dinning.
OK, not everything was perfect but who wants perfect, only those people who have a me me mentality I imagine.
Overall, for the Golfer there is no better course in the Cairns area that offers such conditions and challenges to test you.
Would we stay again, yes, would we recommend it, yes.
Holidays are about your experiences not about me me and I'm the most important person that ever existed, if your after that experience pay the money and go 6 star and stop being a prima dona..
People enjoy the Golf, you will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Travelled here from the Sunshine Coast looking for a quite relaxing holiday. Accommodation is excellent. Modern and comfortable. Reception very helpful. Golf course is quite a challenge with beautiful scenery. Locals very friendly! Highly recommend a visit.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an apartment.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The hotel is located in a secluded area, very beautiful. Parking is available everywhere. Nice birds on the grass. The room was nice, ample, comfortable bed. But that was almost all. Front desk personnel was far from being gentle. We booked the room for five nights. And for 5 nights they did not clean the room, based on the very much strange alibi of our rate not having housekeeping included. Whaaaaaat? First time ever in my life that I have a hotel without housekeeping (and of course nothing was mentioned at the moment of reservation). Price was cheaper than our Sidney hotels, yes, but I have paid 75 EUR/night in many places for much much more than this. Personnel was rude and dishonest with us, so the room was kept dirty for 5 days, ants (hopefully nothing else) going around... The property also was worn off, pool dirty and all needing renovation. I highly recommend NOT TO GO THERE!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Jac-and-Jek
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We travelled with my mother in-law and our 2 bedroom apartment was perfect. Even though it was just for one night we were extremely happy with our rooms, and an added bonus was the beautiful golf course close by. Certainly would recommend Paradise Palms to couples or families travelling together.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

My husband and I stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment with our 3 children for 3 nights. The apartment was more than big enough, excellent layout and best of all - VERY clean! The biggest plus for us with our children is how much there is for kids to do. They loved the play area and it is designed perfectly for the adults to relax and enjoy dinner and a drink while the kids play safely in view. The big kid hubby loves the golf course as well, managing to fit in 2 rounds at a very good price (twilight special or something.) We have definitely found our place to stay when we are up that way and will be back.

Room Tip: The apartments are very homely :)
1  Thank Kristy M
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My husband and I with our 3 year old, had booked to stay here 20th December but when we arrived, I was ignored for 10 minutes, when I was finally acknowledged, the woman was rude and explained to me that the maximum room occupancy was for 2 people only regardless the age of the child, she then proceeded to tell me that it would cost a further $80.00 for our child to stay there, when asked if what happens if it was a newborn, the rude receptionist stated that it would still have cost an extra $80.00 for the newborn to stay. This is the only hotel I have ever known to do this. Especially if the child/baby sleeps in the same bed as the parents. This place prides themselves on being kid friendly, however, when my child went to look at the water feature in the lobby, the receptionist told me to move my child from there as he was touching the glass and putting grubby fingerprints all over it, my child wasn't even touching the glass. We were very disappointed in the place but did however find a much nicer and more welcomed place 2 minutes drive up the road in Palm Cove where the kids facilities were great

6  Thank tonia186
#1 of 1 in Trinity Beach
3 mi away
Hotel Grand Chancellor Palm Cove
Paradise On The Beach Resort Palm Cove

Been to Paradise Palms? Share your experiences!