Everything about Kewarra Beach Report and Spa was wonderful, and we are in agreement with all of the five-star reviews.
They partner with a family-owned operation called Trinity Beach Transfers, which offers smooth and clean rides by a very personable guy. Arriving a day and a half late due to missed flight connections, the resort credited half our missed night back to us, even though we only gave 24 hours notice which falls outside their policy.
We stayed our first night in beachfront bungalow 3, and spotted wallabies and other Australian birds right off the bat outside of our door. Once seeing how beautiful the resort was, we added an unplanned second night (due to arriving late) and needed to move to for the second night to bungalow 38, at the edge of the pool and lagoon. Both rooms were clean, well accommodated, and cozy while still being roomy. The shower was especially nice; I liked the open glass orientation, and spa-like showerhead.
The resort sits right behind the beach. We didn’t spend much time on it, but the water was clean and warm, and the sand was perfect for lounging. During a morning run, it was quiet and peaceful, with only a few sprinklings of other people walking their dogs.
The service at the resort was perhaps best of all – from the reception area (Paul and Murray), to the day-porter/ waiter (Shawn). We felt as if, although only being there for 2 days, we were part of the family and everyone knew who we were. I am pretty sure we were not treated any more special than others, but we felt like it for how accommodating they were to us.
The only slight downside to the resort is that there is only one eating option on-site, which is pretty expensive. The food was great for one dinner and for morning breakfast, but by the second evening we were looking for something less pricey. Because the resort is also pretty secluded to other walking-distance areas, we ate via the very limited bar-snack menu. It was the only other option without taking a taxi into a neighboring town. We saw that there was a Snack Shack during the weekends, but we stayed during the week. It might have helped if the resort store had options to eat as well (only a few candy bars and chips were stocked there). The rooms each have refrigerators and microwaves, so next time we would be sure to bring a few sandwiches and snacks with us. The limited food options is not a deterrent to stay again if we ever found ourselves back at the Northern Beaches!
TIP: Make sure to try out the Rock Pool instead of the main pool – it truly is the hidden gem with warm waters, and off the beaten-path of the resort. We had it to ourselves!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 20 minutes from Cairns in picturesque tropical North Queensland set on 30 acres of lush landscaped rainforest gardens this private boutique beachfront property provides the ultimate Australian vacation experience. With a focus on environmental sensitivity, superb cuisine & world class service, while boasting extensive botanical gardens with detached secluded suites & spacious private bungalows it’s no surprise that this wonderfully romantic hideaway has become a firm favourite with honeymooners & nature lovers the world over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kewarra Beach Resort And Spa
- Kewarra Beach Hotel Kewarra Beach