Kewarra is a little piece of heaven!
I planned a weekend there for my fiancé’s 30th birthday, and the staff had arranged everything perfectly for us. They kept everything a surprise, upgraded us to a beach bungalow (tucked away in the forest, with a view of the beach), and when we couldn’t go ahead with the beach dinner I had booked due to the rain, they set up a private table for us under a pagoda in the beautiful forest garden. All we had for company was a little wallaby hopping around in the garden and our fantastic waitress, Angelique, who got drenched feet in the rain bringing us our AMAZING dinner. A huge thank you to the staff who organised the dinner, made, and brought us delicious food, cocktails and wine! We thought it was much more special than a dinner on the beach, so I am happy that it rained!
I don’t think I have stayed anywhere with such service and friendliness. I must have driven the reception staff crazy with all my emails before our visit, worrying about arranging the perfect weekend, but nothing was too much trouble and everything was perfect. When our TV wouldn’t work, the night porter was there to fix it straight away.
The bungalow was spacious, clean and the bed was oh so comfortable. We slept very soundly, far away from our noisy neighbourhood in Bondi! It was the rainy season when we visited, but there were enough sunny spells to sunbathe on the beach and have a swim in the pool. When it rained, we sat on our balcony with a bottle of Prosecco, perfectly sheltered and still very warm! We were surrounded by rainforest and all its wildlife so it was lovely just to sit there and take it all in. So relaxing. I had read some reviews before visiting, saying the bungalows need a bit of updating. The style is slightly dated, but still lovely, and to be honest I thought a bit of retro style added to the charm.
The Lotus Spa is a peaceful little haven tucked away in the gardens – thank you for the wonderful massage!
Taxis to the nearby beaches are easy to book; we didn’t have much time there (2 days) so we only went into Palm Cove once or twice, which was lovely. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes, and a good little atmosphere there. You can actually walk to the neighbouring beaches in the dry season.
The surrounding area is really beautiful, and there is a lot to see and do (in drier weather!). Kewarra would be a great base to explore from. You can have a bit of adventure if you want it, but all we wanted was some quality time together to completely relax.
The food is really fantastic, and we don’t say that very often! We had lunch, dinner and bar snacks there, and everything was really good. Service again was excellent.
The wonderful staff and lush surroundings at Kewarra made our weekend very special and I’m very grateful to them for giving my fiancé a 30th to remember. Thank you all!
I haven't written a review on here for a few years, and have stayed in lots of great places, but I really can’t recommend Kewarra highly enough!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 20 minutes from Cairns in picturesque tropical North Queensland set on 30 acres of lush landscaped rainforest gardens this private boutique beachfront property provides the ultimate Australian vacation experience. With a focus on environmental sensitivity, superb cuisine & world class service, while boasting extensive botanical gardens with detached secluded suites & spacious private bungalows it’s no surprise that this wonderfully romantic hideaway has become a firm favourite with honeymooners & nature lovers the world over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kewarra Beach Resort And Spa
- Kewarra Beach Hotel Kewarra Beach