This was a business trip so my outlook and needs may be different to persons
Hibiscus House is in a local residential area a long way from the main road
So you need transport to go anywhere.I had a hire car arranged so it was not a problem
For me but most people had to rely on taxis.
The staff are lovely and interact with the guests.
The swimming pools are nice and well maintained and th gardens attract a wide range of birds.
The rooms are comfortable but some little things could make it so much better(see below)
The A La carte menu is good and the portions are generous.
The cocktails prepared by BATS are very nice.
The breakfast menu is limited and becomes boring every day.They need some variety
To make it interesting for guests who are staying for 1 or 2 weeks.
The wifi is woeful.I was unable to conduct my business and had to go to the internet café.
The bathroom gets very wet as there is no shower tray so the water runs everywhere.
There is no television or radio in the room and whilst we had a suite with lounge it was
Very boring to sit there.
Overall I would recommend it for holidaymakers wanting a more personal experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hibiscus House is a privately owned small lodge/hotel in The Gambia. Located amidst the local community away from the main tourist areas and set within tropical gardens it's the perfect break for a little winter sun.The Gambia has long been popular for an extensive bird life, musical culture, river and sunny coastline.Hibiscus House is a perfect location to explore and experience the real Gambia.Explore The River Gambia and it's bolons, learn to drum a Jembe. Spend time at the local school or just relax in the sunshine.Enjoy delicious home cooked food from fresh local produce.We offer you a choice of 3 Suites, 1 Deluxe and 6 Garden Rooms, and 2 Swimming Pools along with happy and friendly service. Breakfast is included within the price and we also offer a lunchtime and evening menu. 'This is your home for as long as you are in The Gambia' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hibiscus House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hibiscus House Hotel Brufut
- Hibiscus House Gambia/Brufut