Yes this really was my Gambian home from home for 56 days ( I would have stayed longer if it had been possible !). My wife and I stayed for two weeks last year and enjoyed it so much we decided to return again this year. For the first two weeks my wife and I stayed in one of the new suites which boast their own swimming pool. I then stayed on for a further six weeks in a garden room undertaking some voluntary work at a charity school in Bakoteh whilst my wife returned to the UK. I was treated as part of the family by Oliver and his wonderful staff and never felt isolated or lonely whilst staying on my own. A big, big, thankyou to everybody - you looked after me so well !
What more can I say about this delightful boutique hotel that I did not say in my review last year ? The food is still the best I have had in the Gambia and the ambience both during the day and in the evenings make this place perfect for relaxing or socialising with the other guests.
It seems unfair in some ways to single out some staff for special mention, but Baks is a great bar and food manager and Saidou a wonderful chef. My best wishes to you all. Hope we can come back next year !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hibiscus House is a privately owned small lodge/hotel in The Gambia. Located amidst the local community away from the main tourist areas and set within tropical gardens it's the perfect break for a little winter sun.The Gambia has long been popular for an extensive bird life, musical culture, river and sunny coastline.Hibiscus House is a perfect location to explore and experience the real Gambia.Explore The River Gambia and it's bolons, learn to drum a Jembe. Spend time at the local school or just relax in the sunshine.Enjoy delicious home cooked food from fresh local produce.We offer you a choice of 3 Suites, 1 Deluxe and 6 Garden Rooms, and 2 Swimming Pools along with happy and friendly service. Breakfast is included within the price and we also offer a lunchtime and evening menu. 'This is your home for as long as you are in The Gambia' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hibiscus House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hibiscus House Hotel Brufut
- Hibiscus House Gambia/Brufut