We stayed in the Belvoir room - the best they had and it was a lovely room. The finish of the decoration is slightly less than perfect - a couple of cracks in the walls but this doesn't really detract. Very comfortable bed and quality linen.
There is no satellite TV (just 5 standard channels), no DVD player and no radio/CD player which I would expect. Also tea/coffee/bottled water in room, but not replenished during stay! In fact the room was not cleaned or tidied during our stay either.
The bathroom is fabulous - good bath and fab shower! Also room was very cosy - no skimping on the heating.
Would have been nice to have had a welcome pack in the room with details about local attractions, check out/check in/breakfast times etc.
The booking service is very, as the other reviewer said, amatuerish. First I called to ask availability and then later to book and the man i spoke with thought the rooms were all booked, when in fact all were available! There are only 5 rooms and the owner should know what has been booked - especially over the festive period! This made me slightly wary of their booking system, especially when i asked for an email to be sent to confirm my booking which never arrived. The man also said i could book online, and when i went to check later, the room was still showing as available online so i'm sure double bookings can occur!
On arrival, having arrived around dinner time, I was shown to the room with no friendly chit chat and no explanation of dining at the pub. As this was the case we decided not to eat at the pub even though it did look cosy the brief time I entered. Quite disappointing as we were looking for a special short break.
Upon departure, I had to yell upstairs to get the attention of the owners to pay, after 5 minutes they surfaced, and then the card machine was not working (problem at the other end) so was asked to send payment by post.
If all you want is a good room, for a cosy quiet break then this could be for you, but if you are looking for a friendly welcome then give this a miss! It could be amazing but turns out to be just OK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown & Plough nestles in the heart of the village of Long Clawson, within the beautiful Vale of Belvoir countryside. A true country pub with 5 luxurious 4* bedrooms and a traditional atmosphere. We offer freshly cooked, locally sourced food, with wines and cask ales specifically chosen to complement the food and enhance flavours. Relax by the roaring fire or in one of our rooms, the ideal place to unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, LateRooms, Ebookers and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Crown & Plough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown & Plough Hotel Long Clawson
- Crown And Plough
- Crown & Plough Long Clawson, Leicestershire