“Business trip”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Winnersh
Watford, United Kingdom
“Business trip”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I enjoyed my stay here - the hotel is modern, clean, welcoming and is close to work (Thames Valley Business Park), so I will be staying in this hotel regularly.

I really enjoyed the dining experience when I ate in the bar area. It is good to have a pianist playing which can sometimes be rare in business hotels, also the menu provided many choices.

The only couple of things I would add are:

- the fire alarm was set off at 1am on the 24th July which obviously woke me up and as a result I couldn't get back to sleep for quite a while which wasn't favourable as I had a series of meetings the following day so tiredness wasn't an option. On check-out I mentioned this and asked if I could be provided with extra points as an gesture of goodwill for this. I was told that the General Manager would be in contact with me, but I have not yet heard anything.

- I visited the gym twice during my stay and when I plugged my headphones into the cardio machines, I could not link up to the tv. I was told that it was not working and there were no radio stations either. I was a bit disappointed as there wasn't any music playing either in the gym so I could only hear the sounds of machines.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The best!! Fantastic hotel. Helpful staff. Lovely room and facilities. good food. What more could one wish for? Would highly recommend this hotel.
Stayed over night on a weekend visit to Oxford and Henley on Thames. We had bed and breakfast and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I booked this hotel at the last minute to avoid a 6 hour commute - with it being very close to where I was working. The is a very modern hotel, very well designed, everything is very clean - everything you would expect from a quality business class hotel. The staff are excellent, and I would like to mention 2 in particular:
1) The adorable Aleksandra.
2) The excellent (and beautiful) Bruna - she really helped me out with booking a nearby hotel when this Holiday Inn was full on a Tuesday night (it is quite a popular hotel, so remember to book in advance to avoid disappointment.)

Room Tip: Excellent hotel with great staff.
Worcester
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many many nights over the past 7 months and have never left a review so time to change that. It is such a great place to stay and the staff really couldnt be more helpful and cheerful. I have eaten in the bar, the restaurant and had room service and all are equally as good. I have only stayed when away on business during the week and it really does feel like a business orientated hotel so I cant speak for the atmosphere at the weekends. Being a priority club member, I am often upgraded to an executive room on my shorter stays but even when I am not, the standard rooms are very plush and comfortable.
I now seem to judge every other hotel I stay at on this one but sadly not a lot can match it!

Millom, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed here for one night to break up a long journey. As it was very hot and sunny for our dog, it was helpful to have underground parking when we needed to put him in the car. The room was fine, but we were on the third floor, and it would have been helpful in the circumstances to have been a bit nearer the entrance. We had to pay extra for the dog on the day - it would have been helpful to have been warned about this and even to have had the option to pay earlier. We also had to wait to leave until the room had been checked. The staff were efficient and polite but not always friendly. We had stayed on Friday night and hoped that nearby newsagents and other shops would be open on Saturday, but they weren't. Obviously, this is nothing to do with the hotel but it didn't help our overall experience. We wouldn't rush back here to be honest, but it probably provides for most people's needs.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
CBB99, Owner at Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay.

I am pleased you found our complimentary underground parking useful and that you enjoyed our accommodation facilities.

As a dog friendly hotel, I would like to clarify that we do publish the fact that we charge £ 10 per dog per night on all websites so I apologise if this was not clear when you made your booking. I have conveyed your constructive feedback about allocating rooms for dog owners closer to the first floor lifts for future reference.

As you may not have been aware, we are only a few minutes to Reading town centre by train or by car . Our reception team would have been happy to provide the information if asked.

We thank you for your constructive feedback and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We recently spent one night at this hotel and from the moment we arrived we were treated amazingly! I had previously phoned to ask if there was a room available near to the lift, as I have mobility issues. Not only did we get a room near the lift, but one with full facilities for anyone with disabilities! It was immaculate! We have never seen such a spotlessly clean hotel.
The reception staff were so helpful and went out of their way to make our visit perfect.
The included breakfast was very good - buffet, but with loads of choice and well cooked food: you could also ask and get anything you wanted cooked specifically for you.
Car parking is complementary for guests and is underground, with good parking for blue badge holders, near to the lift into the hotel and also near the entrance ramp.
The pool was good and immaculate and always has a life guard on duty: the outdoor seating was a little sparse - especially as it was 31C at the time, and everyone wanted to sit in the shade - except me, who would have loved the opportunity to sit in the sun in a comfortable chair. The air conditioning inside was very good, especially in our room: it was the quietest and most efficient air con we have ever had in a room anywhere in the world!
If we have to go to this area again, we would definitely try to stay here!

Room Tip: As this is a new build hotel every room is immaculate. We were on the 4th floor of the south side of...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
CBB99, Owner at Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Highly Valued Guest

We are truly appreciative of your recognition of the efforts of our lovely team and we thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience online. We are particularly pleased by your recognition of the immaculate standards of cleanliness across our hotel and that you enjoyed our pool and Dermalogica spa facilities so much.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future
Best wishes
Poznan, Poland
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The Holiday Inn is a Top Hotel when it comes to the facility. Everything from A to Z is great and clean. The interior of the room is fantastic and comes with a very trendy design. Breakfast holds a huge choice. Bar and Restaurant delivery tasty dishes, good food quality to acceptable prices. For me the location is outstanding as the Holiday Inn is in walking distance to my company. The categories in which I deduct points are Service and sleeping quality. For me are the bed and pillows to hard and I struggle every time to sleep during the whole night. The service was the last 2 times often too slow. Very friendly and finally everything got to my satisfaction organized / sorted but for an inpatient person like myself just too slow.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winnersh
Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11
Hilton Reading
Hilton Reading
#3 of 31 in Reading
Best Western Plus Reading Moat House Hotel
Travelodge Winnersh Triangle
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Crowne Plaza Marlow

Been to Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10? Share your experiences!