Free cancellation until 27/07
US$109
US$105
Travelodge Winnersh Triangle(Winnersh)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
The Wee Waif(Charvil)
Book now, pay at stay
US$75
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$86/night.

The Great House At Sonning(Sonning-on-Thames)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$111
1,284 results
All reviewsbusiness parkcaprice restaurantvirgin experiencemodern hotelcourse mealkey cardtrain stationunderground parkinggood sizeswimming poolindian menusteam room and saunaexecutive roomreception staffthe sofa bedexcellent facilitiesset menu
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights wiith my wife. The Hotel may be a few years old, but it looks and feels pretty new. Spotless in public areas and our room. Very comfortable night's sleep.Food and drink a little on the pricey side, but good. Self service breakfast excellent in quality. Service and staff friendliness excellent.
Downsides? a complicated lift system which is too clever for its own good, And more lighting in the bathroom, plus shower caps, would be much appreciated.

Room Tip: Any which do not overlook a road, afford a quieter experience.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We arrived here on Friday night for a two night stay. There were four off us and we had booked together through Trivago. The check in was okay but not friendly and the hotel was very modern and spotlessly clean but thats where it ends for all off us. To cut a long story short we all felt that the hotel was being run by the staff with no sense off customer service. Our friends got put in an executive room and we called down to ask if we could (as we there for my 50th!!) they said no as no rooms left. When I mentioned this on Saturday on the way out the reception staff said we should have notified him immediately and he would have given us a room .... !!!! We would not return or recommend as this was only one off a few incidents that shows the staff's lack of interest in going the extra mile. I will say that the breakfast host on Sunday was exceptional, friendly and efficient and he had a smile on ;-) I would like to add that our friends arrived at the Hotel later than we did, so we had checked in two hours before them. It was only when we went to greet them in their room that we noticed they were upgraded and that is when we went to call reception. We would not ask our friends to vacate the room after travelling from Dublin to celebrate my birthday (they did offer!!) but would have expected the staff allocating the rooms to notice that the four off us were travelling together as the rooms all on the one reservation. We have stayed in lots of Holiday Inn's and we have had so many pleasant and WOW experiences that makes you want to go back, but not this time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank mattjac
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Dear mattjac,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were glad to see such high scores for Sleep Quality and Value. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My friend and I decided to book a spa weekend at this hotel. We were greeted by a very nice person at the Reception - Daniel, but later had to deal with not a very nice lady! She spoke too fast, did not tell us when is the check out and did not give us any information about the Spa.The hotel itself is very modern, with great rooms, comfy bed - everything is great! Spotlessly clean! The Spa was good. The treatment was OK - had better and the room was just too cold to relax. The swimming pool open to all is great. Breakfast was awesome - big selection and naturally squeezed juices. Overall a good stay but could have been better.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Have used HI chain many times over the years and experienced this hotel for the first time.
The staff at check-in were pleasant and asked us our requirements. All requests were delt with in an efficient manner. The room was very comfy and suited our needs.
Had lunch and breakfast here, the service was excellent and the food was good quality if a little small on potion size for the cost.
Overall, a high standard of hotel within this chain.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here as it was the ideal location for a wedding we were attending in Sonning. Didn't realise this hotel had recently been refurbished or opened and found myself pleasantly surprised by the clean, modern hotel and its facilities.
Our room was very spacious and had all the amenities we required for our one night.
Prior to leaving for the Wedding we sat in the Hotel Bar and was treated to a pianist playing background music which was very pleasant.
The hotel arrange a taxi for us which was a very efficient service too much like the receptionist who served us.

All in all, a great stay and everyone we met was polite and friendly.

Even after my stay, I received faultless service as I had left my property in the room. My email enquiry was returned within hours and once I had paid for the postage of my item, this was returned to me very promptly.

Top Marks!