Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
1,517 results
All reviews caprice restaurant train station underground parking indian menu good size sauna and steam room excellent facilities course dinner spa weekend set menu spa facilities winnersh triangle restaurant staff good nights sleep changing rooms an overnight stay stayed for one night
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 July 2019

We stayed at this hotel for two nights room with breakfast. The staff are friendly and helpful and the facilities are very good. Although we didn’t have time to use the pool, the hotel looked clean and very impressive.
The quiet room was a good size with a large double bed. The bathroom was very modern and had all you need. One small criticism is the area provided for tea/coffee making was essentially a box-like shelf. There just wasn’t enough room to make two cups of tea. We overcame this by detaching the tray and moving it across the room to the desk. The only problem was carrying a kettle of boiling water across the room when you’re a bit unsteady on your feet. Apart from that small moan, we would definitely recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2019 via mobile

Came here with two friends yesterday lunchtime for afternoon tea for one of my friends birthday. The customer service was shocking they left us just sat at the table waiting ages I was late but the others informed them I was on my way but when the staff saw there were now three people one of them should of came over but after 20 mins of waiting I went to the bar and told them I was there.
The tea pots were all badly stained on the outside. The sandwiches the bread had gone very dry and the fillings weren’t anything to write home about not great at all. The scones were the best part but they were very doughy and there was such a small pot of cream to go round six scones. The other deserts were ok but one of them a apple shaped ensemble really wasn’t great and it was like they were trying too hard to make it up market and fancy (it didn’t work).
The staff didn’t come over until we had finished to ask if everything was ok. I said it was ok but had had better the staff member didn’t even act like he heard me he just walked away I wasn’t going to go and complain anymore as clearly it would be listened to and I didn’t want to spoil my friends birthday.
For £19 a head it is expensive for what you get when you compare it to the Forbury hotel Reading for £25 per head you get a lot more and the quality is so much better the service is second to none and the scones and the jam is all home made in house that morning for just £6 more. There are a lot better places to have afternoon tea so will not be returning here.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
CBB99, Owner at Crowne Plaza Reading East, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2019

Dear GeorgiaSaunders

Thank you to yourself and your two friends for choosing our hotel for your afternoon tea and belated wishes for your friend's birthday.

We are so sorry that your visit was not entirely to your satisfaction. If I could kindly clarify, your two friends arrived earlier than yourself and when the staff approached them to serve them, they advised they would alert the team once you arrived. Unfortunately this did not happen and this is the reason you were unfortunately kept waiting once you arrived. A simple miscommunication.

Your feedback has been shared with the team as it is certainly not reflective of their normal standards.

Our Afternoon Teas are all freshly prepared by our pastry chefs and at £ 19.00 for a full Afternoon tea including freshly baked scones, finger sandwiches and a selection of delicious pastries, offer exceptional value. We also provide complimentary parking and a relaxing setting for our guests to enjoy the afternoon tea. We recommend you combine your visit next time with a spa treatment and use of our facilities which are extremely popular with our guests

Regards
Hotel Management

Reviewed 17 July 2019

Stayed for one night. The rooms were spacious, clean and beds were comfy. Every member of staff I met was friendly, professional and attentive. We had the 2 course set menu in the evening and it was very tasty! The spa and treatments were great, very relaxing. Nice size pool but could do with more chairs around it. Really lovely stay

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2019 via mobile

Spur of the moment treat for my daughter and I. Great service from Mohammed in spa, pool and facilities virtually empty, relaxing and clean, and a brilliant afternoon tea (gluten free option too), served by a really helpful and friendly waitress called Claire. All for a reasonable price too. Highly reccomend, and will definitely return.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2019 via mobile

Our kids gave my husband a Virgin sports car experience day out but he couldn’t make the date to do the drive so we swapped it for a spa break!
We had a lovely time from the start receptionist polite and helpful.
Executive room very comfortable and well appointed.
Choice of six pillows!
Bathroom great shower and products. Bath robes and slippers for full spa experience.
Bar and outdoor seating was welcome as very hot!
Used the pool and steam room
Clean changing rooms and helpful staff in leisure centre.
Our meal was in the Caprice restaurant. They had a full vegan menu and gluten free options plus vegetarian options. Our 3 course meal was included in our voucher.
I had the vegetarian pasta (a little over cooked) bit still very nice. My husband had the apricot and lamb curry. All beautifully presented.
The breakfast in the same place was brilliant-excellent choice and good selection of fruit, cereals and pastries .
The spa treatments we had on Sunday.
A quite pleasant room of the main swimming area but quiet. My husband had A 50 minute massage. I had a facial but wish I had the back and head massage instead. Use Dermalogica products so not much smell a bit clinical.
You got two 25 mins included each in this spa package.
We had a really restful time and although there is not much around the hotel as it's set in an industrial location it had pretty planting and walk ways and you couldn't hear the busy roads!
Would visit again.