A 3 night stay at Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10 on Bed and Breakfast basis. Chose this hotel as the previously used hotel in Reading was full due to the Farnborough Air show.
The hotel is situated across the other side of the dual carriageway from Winnersh Triangle Railway Station. There is a footbridge from the Station directly to the hotel.
I was warmly greeted at reception as a Platinum Member and I was given an upgrade to an Executive Room, the features of the hotel were pointed out at check-in.
The room was on the third floor and sumptuously furnished, more Crowne Plaza than Holiday Inn with a smell of 'newness' to it. As it is a new build hotel some thought has been put into the design of the rooms like well positioned plug sockets and a TV that has more than just a handful of channels, however WIFI is still an expensive chargeable extra. There was tea and coffee available, iron and ironing board, bath robe and excellent range of toiletries in the bathroom and a powerful shower.
Breakfast was fine but not spectacular, coffee was brought to the table and was of good quality. The staff were never ready at the allotted opening time which left a few people quite frustrated who had busy schedules to keep to.
Had room service on the first night, it was delivered in good time and was brought up on a table and elaborately laid out however the food did not merit the high charge the hotel were asking for it so I ate elsewhere on the other nights.
The hotel is nicely designed and luckily I did not have problems that some people had as in the reviews and from comments in the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceptional 4 Silver Star 2 AA Rosette luxury Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct10 within close proximity of M4, Reading, Bracknell & Wokingham setting new standards in design & service. Offering tranquil spacious air-conditioned bedrooms with luxury bedding and 32" flat screen TV. Complimentary secure underground parking for all guests and delegates. Extensive Esprit Wellness & Spa facilities including 19m indoor pool, large Life Fitness Gym and Dermalogica Spa Treatments. Enjoy relaxed dining in the 2 AA Rosette Caprice Restaurant with outdoor terrace or visit our stylish Monty’s Bar & Lounge to relax and enjoy a drink or quality bar meal in tranquil surroundings whilst enjoying music by our talented resident pianist. 8 state of the art conference and banqueting suites for up to 220 guests with dedicated Conference Manager. Air-conditioning and super-fast Wi-Fi throughout. Ideally located for London (20 minutes) from adjacent Winnersh Triangle station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Reading m4 Jct10 Hotel Reading
- Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10 Winnersh, Wokingham