“ABSOLUTLEY HORRIF”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2014

So after everywhere was fully booked me and my partner were passing by and having previously been recommended and thought it looked nice from the outside we went in and tried it. We got seated straight away (layout was a bit like a school dining room) drinks order taken immediately ... Very timid waited came and took our food order promptly no manners or smile. Food came in 10 mins v impressed but immediate thoughts was pre cooked. Partners beef from roast was tough but was ok. I ordered king prawn asparagus and crab risotto, where do I begin.. Rice was hard, no starchy texture like a risotto should, LOADS of asparagus 3 prawns and NO CRAB. Tried to eat it but after my teeth were full of hard rice and 7/10 mins later when we got asked if food was ok I said not really I complained said I wasn't paying and told my reasons I had no apology and she walked off. 5 mins later returned and just took my plate away. My partner asked for the bill and it came back with the risotto on she said nothing about it being taken off or left on there.. It was still on the bill. When she came to take payment I mentioned it and she said in the most rudest tone of voice you have to pay.. I said I don't have to pay for anything I said my food was awful explained my reasons again. She just replied ' if you don't pay I will call the police'... Absolutely shocking!!! In the end we left the appropriate money and walked out.. All I can say is thankgod we wasn't a old civilised couple being threatened by the police! DO NOT GO

6  Thank Sbragg

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Having read several raving reviews we decided to pop round for dinner. Food is ok pub style but not spectacular. We went on Friday night and there were 5-6 tables @ 8pm. Still a bit buffled how chef is only to replace with fried egg but not poached egg. Staff were friendly.

2  Thank baleine_33
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Ate here with 5 friends. Atmosphere was good, busy no loud music so able to have a good gossip. Food was good but seemed quite expensive, it was well cooked and tasty. Difficult to comment on portions as plates were enormous, ridiculously oversized so made the portions seem quite small, though for the group of girls I was with we had enough, not sure my husband would agree if he had been on the night out.

1  Thank Su55912014
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stopped here on a whim on out way back from soft play with the kids.

Real ale was not well maintained and had bits floating on it. This beer normally does not, suggesting inadequate maintenance on their pipes.

They have a limited menu.

Ordered the burger, cooked rare. It came with cold chips. Sent it back and it came back with hot chips. Bit into the burger and it was dry and over done.

Generally a total let down. I would not recommend and would definitely not go back.

1  Thank Christopher P
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I have been here before and have found the food OK, although the portions are small for the money paid. But this time it was a very disappointing meal with friends. I cannot believe how much I paid for such a poor culinary experience. The food is overpriced anyway, but when it is overpriced and seemingly cooked by someone with minimal cooking skills, it makes for a waste of time and money. I do not think I have ever eaten a more tasteless pasta dish. The sauce was just over cooked tinned tomatoes. I certainly didn't need the spoon I was given and the ravioli filling didn't resemble meat, it looked like refried beans and had a weird smoked bacon taste. I think supermarket ravioli is far superior. My companions chips were awful, tasted liked they had been sitting around a while and then put in the fryer to heat up before serving. I have a feeling the usual chef has left.

1  Thank Jo S