“A Very Pleasant Surprise”
Review of The Pheasant Inn

The Pheasant Inn
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Winnersh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reading, Berkshire
“A Very Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This impromptu outing mid-week was most enjoyable. Nice decor and ambiance and we were made very welcome. The food was great and our dietary requirements were accommodated without fuss. We will definitely go back.

• Visited July 2014

“Rooms good, convenient, food good too”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My son and I stayed here for a few days. I found it pleasant and adequate in every way, the rooms were comfortable, the restaurant was decent pub style food. Nothing to complain about in any way.

I would go there again, but would I make a special trip no not really.

Visited March 2014
Reading, United Kingdom
“Pizza Day for our family”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Rather than getting takeaway pizza for the family we decided to eat in at the Pheasant Inn as we live nearby. The Pizza's were great and had the largest quantity of toppings I have ever seen on a Pizza. We could not finish and the left over's were put in box for us to take home. We have eaten here a number of times and reading the recent reports the quality can be a bit temperamental. We have always had good food and we eat out a lot in Italy so know how passionate the Italians are about food. Come on Roberto and Luana where has this passion gone! I do agree with one of the comments that "Real Ales" is advertised out side and they only had "Doombar" which is OK. I would expect "Ales" to mean more than one commercial branch. There are so many small brewery's around one or two more would be good. Also the decor is a bit pub rather than Italian restaurant. A few table cloths and set places with candles would help.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank antrrat
Berkshire, United Kingdom
“ABSOLUTLEY HORRIF”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

So after everywhere was fully booked me and my partner were passing by and having previously been recommended and thought it looked nice from the outside we went in and tried it. We got seated straight away (layout was a bit like a school dining room) drinks order taken immediately ... Very timid waited came and took our food order promptly no manners or smile. Food came in 10 mins v impressed but immediate thoughts was pre cooked. Partners beef from roast was tough but was ok. I ordered king prawn asparagus and crab risotto, where do I begin.. Rice was hard, no starchy texture like a risotto should, LOADS of asparagus 3 prawns and NO CRAB. Tried to eat it but after my teeth were full of hard rice and 7/10 mins later when we got asked if food was ok I said not really I complained said I wasn't paying and told my reasons I had no apology and she walked off. 5 mins later returned and just took my plate away. My partner asked for the bill and it came back with the risotto on she said nothing about it being taken off or left on there.. It was still on the bill. When she came to take payment I mentioned it and she said in the most rudest tone of voice you have to pay.. I said I don't have to pay for anything I said my food was awful explained my reasons again. She just replied ' if you don't pay I will call the police'... Absolutely shocking!!! In the end we left the appropriate money and walked out.. All I can say is thankgod we wasn't a old civilised couple being threatened by the police! DO NOT GO

Visited April 2014
6 Thank Sbragg
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Bit disappointed”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Having read several raving reviews we decided to pop round for dinner. Food is ok pub style but not spectacular. We went on Friday night and there were 5-6 tables @ 8pm. Still a bit buffled how chef is only to replace with fried egg but not poached egg. Staff were friendly.

• Visited March 2014