“What a refreshing change from the corporates - the previous reviews are spot on”
Review of Tudor Place

Tudor Place
Ranked #1 of 1 Winnersh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 April 2014

What a refreshing change from the many corporate hotels I stay in whilst travelling on business. Thanks to Eve the lovely landlady hostess who made me feel so welcome in her and her family's home and to all (well nearly all) the other Tripadvisor reviewers, whose reviews were spot on. I was working in the centre of Reading for a couple of days and at first was a bit reluctant to book this guest house due to its location, but don't be put off. Eve quickly gave me directions to Winnersh station just 5 minutes walk around the corner which she told me has regular trains for the 7/8 minutes journey in and out of Reading. Also she gave me directions to a nice pub that evidently does good food just around the other corner, which I intend to visit on my next stopover. A colleague gave me a lift from town and dropped me off at the big black electric gates in what is a residential area. I felt a bit like Rodney Trotter in that Only Fools and Horses episode when he'd just met Casandra and pretended to live at the big house. I waved off my colleague and buzzed on the gate pad a few times - no answer. I eventually telephoned Eve and she immediately opened the gates and met me on the door step - I think I'd thrown her arriving on foot. A lovely friendly and uncorporate welcome awaited - no ask for a swipe of a card. After being warmly welcomed and offered a jug of milk I was shown to my room in the daughters and son in law's house next door and given keys for her front door, my room and Eve's next door to let myself in for a cooked to order breakfast the following morning (and a code for the front gates!). All a bit bizarre in some respects, but wonderful and quite different in others (I never did meet her daughter or son-in-law, albeit i slept in their house!) A very tidy, well furnished and clean room awaited that gave me a good nights sleep. The jar of biscuits in the room was a nice touch. I then wished I'd taken up the offer of that jug of milk. Breakfast at Eve's the following morning was great. Sat around a massive beutifully laid round table with another guest looking over the lovely garden and a good chat with Eve in between her frying bacon and doing the eggs to order. How lovely. I'll definately be looking to visit again when in the area. I've already recommended the Place to my colleague who visits Reading pretty regularly and would not hesitate to recommend it to others and all who care to read this review.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DNA149

Reviewed 21 March 2014

What lovely place, with a very charming friendly hostess. It really felt like home.

The breakfast was exactly what I would expect.

The room was good and spacious - the bed comfortable and the house very very pretty.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Was really impressed with Tudor Place. The Hostess was very welcoming and cooked a lovely breakfast to my requirements. The room was well presented and had a real cosy feel to it.The bathroom facilities were very clean and tidy and all was in good working order. Would definitely recommend Tudor Place if staying in Winnersh or Reading areas. Tudor Place is a much nicer place to stay than the Holiday inn, and is allot more reasonably priced with a more personal service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Tudor Place is a very homely guest house that feels a cut above the rest. You are made to feel very welcome by Eve the owner and the house itself it quite obviously cared for well. Great to stay for business or pleasure and very good value.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Quick review:
The only small niggly thing (if you caneven call it that) was that the chair infront of the dresser (i used as a computer table) was all wood making it uncomfortable for short periods.

The longer review:
SImply , my stay here though short was very good. I thought i may regret not booking the holiday inn for its more 'modern' style but i was pleasantly surprised.
As i do not have any bad points ill simply write what i felt was important:
Internet - i needed to conference with offices and thought the internet was going to be an issue here, turns out they habe 20 Mb fiber, miles better than any hotel.
Detail- The finishing touches that made it were the silver spoon and Bone china tea cup, also the complimentary biscuits

Room Tip: I stayed in the Amberley Room
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 December 2013

A lovely, roomy B and B, definitely a cut above the rest. Breakast was superb and Eve, the lady of the house, is a fabulous hostess. We will be visiting again next time we go to Reading as it is close enough but is much more comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Tudor Place is a great B&B. The rooms are clean, furnished well, warm, and the breakfast choice is excellent. Eve is a great person and always looking after the guests to a high professional level.

Car parking is very spacious and safe behind electronic gates.

Excellent all round ;-)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winnersh
Best Western Plus Reading Moat House Hotel
#7 of 12 in Wokingham
Pheasant Inn Hotel
Pheasant Inn Hotel
#3 of 3 in Winnersh

Been to Tudor Place? Share your experiences!