“Lovely stay at Way Barton”
Review of Way Barton

Way Barton
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Torrington
Way Barton
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay at Way Barton”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

My partner was doing a course at the Soap Kitchen in Great Torrington and I found this B&B through an internet search and I'm very glad I did. The farm is a lovely old building set in beautiful countryside - ideal if you like peace and quiet. Dawn, the proprietor, looked after us wonderfully for the 3 nights we stayed: the kind of personal, genuine service you don't get in hotels. By way of example, there had been a large snowfall the day before we were due to come and she kept us updated throughout the day as there was a real danger we couldn't get there. We were also very late arriving - nearly 11.00 in the evning which was no problem for her.

The room we stayed in was really comfortable and spacious and we had use of a lovely lounge in the evening with a fire lit each evening. Breakfast was great with local produce and we were also treated to fantastic scones in the afernoon when we came back.

The weekend was a Christmas present and this worked out perfectly. We couldn't have stayed anywhere better. Perfect B&B, perfect hosting. If you're thinking of going, do.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Simon L

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lincolnshire
Reviewed 28 November 2012

When we arrived we were welcomed with a fresh baked Devon cream tea which was absolutely delicious, especially after a long drive. We stayed in the cottage which is delightful with its own private garden and wonderful views over the lake. We had the biggest and best ever breakfasts in the main house and were made to feel completely at home.

Close to fantastic beaches and beautiful countryside, we will definitely be going back to Way Barton, I can honestly say it was the best holiday I have ever had!

Fiona Beddoes-Jones

Room Tip: Dawn is so helpful, if you speak to her about your requirements she will put you in the best room to...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank FionaBJ
England
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Waybarton is an absolute treat. We stayed as guests for two nights in what is simply the best B and B we have ever stayed in. The house is gorgeous, so is the breakfast and the welcome from Dawn. The grounds are charming, as are the views, we quickly felt very relaxed. It was a joy to be so well looked after. We stayed in a double room, furnished beautifully, in one of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in. The bonus of really comfortable sitting room with huge log burner was very welcome after a couple of days autumn garden visiting. Having driven down to visit Hestercombe in Taunton en-route, it was then a lovely drive across Bodmin and onto Waybarton. RHS Rosemoor is such a short drive away, we went twice. The coast was about an hours drive across country, which enabled us to spend some time bird watching too. We are looking forward to another trip to Waybarton next year!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Honey46
Rustington, West Sussex
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I have just collected my photographs from my stay at " Way Barton" and what beauties they are!
Wonderful memories of my 5 night stay with my Sis Sue P, Dawn & Jason are great people who really do put themselves out for you from arrival to departure.
The Horses, Ponies & Donkey's were lovely and enjoyed the carrots & apples we took with us.Charlie Lyle ( the Jack Russell) was a hoot with his antics, Ducks outside the bedroom window to wake up too in the morning.
Lovely home, breakfast & surroundings, what a good choice this was and sincerely hope we can make it back someday!
Long may it continue, Thanks to Dawn & Jason I just hope they keep it up.
Lynnie M . Rustington, West Sussex .

Room Tip: Victorian twin was excellent, nice en suite all home comforts & more.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lynn Roberta M
West Sussex
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Just returned from a very special 5 night stay at Way Barton. It couldn't have been more perfect. Everything we had previously read is true. Dawn with her son Jason were so friendly and helpful - nothing is too much trouble, there to welcome you with tea and scrumptious home bakes whenever you return and wave you off when you leave.
The room was packed with thoughtful touches, everything has been thought of. So don't worry if you forget to take something it will be there.
Breakfast was delicious every day with lovely fresh fruit, compotes, jams and marmalades all homemade and whatever cooked breakfast items you could possibly think of.
Everywhere in the house is packed with character and gleaming.
The added dimensions are the animals, Dawn's horses all with their own characters, the donkeys especially the lovely Lily and naughty Gerald. Hannah and Charlie Lyle the 2 Jack Russells and of course the ducks.
The house is filled with warmth and happiness and we will certainly return.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sue P
Oakham
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I can not fault my stay at the cottage at Waybarton. My friends and I were lucky enough to bring our horses down to Devon and staying ay Waybarton exceeded our expectations. The accomodation both human and equine was five star. Dawn, Jason and Gerald all felt like old friends and could not do enough to make us feel welcome.No other B abd B will live up to Waybarton's standards. Neither humans or horses wanted to leave and we will all be back soon.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 29 August 2012

This B&B really does go way beyond the wildest of expectations. The surroundings are beautiful (acres and acres of land) the rooms are clean, well equipped and have a very personal feel. Dawn, the owner goes out of her way to make guests feel at home and valued. She provided me with the very best recommendations in the local area including the tarka trail bike ride, boathouse restaurant (instow) and the Broomhill sculpture gardens, all well worth a visit. The breakfast is also first class, putting 5 star hotels to shame  I have stayed three times this year alone, including the night before my wedding where me and the best men were made to feel at home with a hearty breakfast and freshly ironed shirts before the ceremony. I look forward to going back soon and those scrumptious scones on arrival...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple