“Lunch with friends NWR”

Price range: US$11 - US$33
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: An attractive Georgian 9 bedroom coaching Inn and restaurant in the heart of rural Breckland village of Oxburgh, with a large south facing garden, open log fires and comfortable relaxed seating, The Bedingfeld Arms has recently been lovingly refurbished and specialises in serving good locally sourced foods, all of which are cooked freshly every day. With a good wine list and well kept real ales, beers and ciders. Menu changes regularly. Booking is adviseable on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Reviewed 16 February 2018

6 of visited for lunch last week, and it was as always lovely. Food was excellent and served lovely and hot.

Nothing too much trouble and they had no problem at all accommodating my Gluten Free requirements.

Date of visit: February 2018
VenetianStar, Owner at Bedingfeld Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Dear stephaniedent27

Thank you for taking the trouble to post such a wonderful and very positive review of your recent visit for lunch with your friends at the Bedingfeld. It is always good to be appreciated!

Delighted your Gluten Free requirements were met and that the lunch went well.

I hope to see you next time!

All the best

Catkin

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Good menu, freshly cooked classics. A nice cosy place with a log fire in the bar area in winter. The prices are average for the area.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful lunch after visiting Oxburgh Hall (National Trust) and our Labrador was made most welcome -Water bowl and bonios! Delicious dishes included fish pie, steak and ale pie and the children loved their gourmet burgers. Chunky proper chips as well as skinny fries. Nothing was too much trouble and the lovely waitresses were keen to make sure we all had exactly what we wanted. We were so comfortable that we all decided to try desserts - Belgian chocolate tarts (very rich) and sticky toffee puddings (with butterscotch) went down a treat!
We would definitely return when we are next in the area.
Do book as it’s very popular - rightly so.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

I have now visited this pub twice . Once for lunch and once for dinner . Service is excellent . Food is good quality . I preferred the liver and bacon I had for dinner . I had the fish pie for lunch and it was decent but not in the same class as liver and bacon that was excellent . I think I just chose the wrong dish off the menu for lunch as the steak and ale pile looked wonderful and the salmon my friend had also looked very edible .

Reviewed 20 January 2018

This hotel has high ratings mainly from people staying to have a meal. However, as a hotel we received a poor experience.

We stayed over Christmas and our rooms were above the bar. Although we expected some noise, the private party until 3am clearly showed no resect for the paying guests. Other issues included arriving to find the windows open (late December with temperatures below zero) and minor issues such as having 1 towel between two people. The shower room/water was so cold that we choose not to wash and had to have a shower at a relatives.

To make matters worse, we were promised that the management team would contact us following the complaint we made. Despite several chase up calls, no apology received so far.

This was a fairly expensive place to stay and so expectations were high. However, the basics of a hotel (being able to sleep and have a wash) were not met.

Date of visit: December 2017
2  Thank TonyDrum1

Dear TonyDrum1

I am sure many of us find it confusing that there are two TripAdvisor different listings of 'Bedingfeld Arms' and 'The Bedingfeld Arm's - one under 'restaurant' category and the other under 'hotel' - I responded to the disappointing experience/review on 23rd January written by your partner on the latter listing. I think it is probably easier to copy what I wrote in response then as otherwise we will all be further confused.

I apologise to you personally in the meantime...

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

'I am very sad to read your disappointing review - and indeed I had meant to be touch but I have and still not recovered from the knockout Aussie flu virus or something similar - it is sweeping through my family and looks like everyone else when listening to the news.

However, I had a gentle reminder from our excellent Front of House manager, Vicki. You beat me there with your review(s) just posted.

Sadly, I cannot wind the clock back and I remember well the occasion you stayed as we had a problem with all the rooms heating and hot water on the night of 29th December - all the guests were freezing! One kind customer friend offered to find oil somehow first thing the following morning but it turned out to be something else the electrician later fixed.

Of course I apologise though and also for the noisy party that did indeed go on Far Too Long. I am trying to think how we can manage this aspect more effectively - as we never find out til the following morning when nothing can be done. Perhaps I should line up a number to ring or whatsApp contact so if there is a noise problem then we can contact the bar staff direct to sort it out immediately.

Again I do apologise for having such a boisterous party - there was another party in the private dining room where ideally noisy parties should be as it is soundproof as well as away from guest bedrooms.

House Keeping have been told about the lack of soap and the window and the carpets - this will be monitored more carefully.

Vicki naturally apologised on behalf of the Bedingfeld and she gave you the full breakfast on the house as a gesture of goodwill. I am not sure what we can do to reassure you that this night was sadly a one off and we very much plan to not be repeated. Your first night illustrates what is more normal for a good nights sleep. We have no traffic and are generally a very peaceful location.

I do hope you will return and try us again'

With best wishes