“Hospitality at its best!”
Review of Merrymouth Inn

Merrymouth Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Fifield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on my own with my dog. Bill & Mo, Becky & Adam were so incredibly welcoming & friendly & the service was amazing, they all know your name from the moment you arrive & after travelling on my own for the first time I would definitely do it again here.
I would highly recccommend this gorgeous Cotswold get away & despite the weather being miserabe I had a really lovely stay & definitely hope to return at some point.
The inn is also situated between 2 gorgeous towns, Burford & Stow-on-the-wold, each about 10mins away & dead easy to get to, found lovely dog friendly pubs here too & lovely little shops to pootle around.

A lot of other businesses could learn a lot from these amazing hosts & their genuine friendly service.
Again, towels I little tired as was the bathroom but neat & clean with very efficient fan heater for when it was a bit chilly.
Dog had a wondful time too & loved all the staff!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DW101

Reviewed 4 June 2013

My partner and I and 2 friends with 3 westies stayed here and found all the staff very welcoming. The hospitality was outstanding as was the service and the food. Bill (bo-baggins) as i nicknamed him was a great host as was Adam and Becky. They were all so friendly and made our stay even more enjoyable. The service was exceptional as was the food especially the rack of lamb, twice tasted...The breakfast was tasty and plentiful to..Only a minor criticism is that the rooms need some tlc looking "tired" especially the towels. Please Bill get some new ones. Certainly will recommend to friends and look forward to visiting again. Ps Good luck to Adam & Becky with the geocaching ........

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank heidi319
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Another excellent stay at this lovely B&B/Pub in the Cotswolds.
Lovely rooms and wonderful views, we had the horse just outside our window he is gorgeous..
We went on Pie Night and had wonderful value for money a Pie and a Drink of our choice for £10.00 amazing value, very filling with lots of vegetables. We all had a lovely homemade sweet after,delicious.
We have stayed once before and will definitely be going back as soon as we can..
Bill is a fabulous host with a great sense of humour.
Breakfast is amazing lovely Full English..

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Brandhoek
Reviewed 15 May 2013

My wife and I can highly recommend this Hotel. The room was roomy and clean with all amenities. The Staff are very friendly and very helpful. The meals are top class at a good price and the beer cold.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Gazwil
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Just spent two days at this lovely old inn,we went to the cotswolds on our first visit but the weather was awful, staying at the merrymouth inn more than made up for it. Couldn't fault the staff,and Bill and his lovely partner bring such character to the Inn you overlook the tiredness of some parts.We ate in both nights and the food was both tasty and plentiful,the atmosphere in the bar was warm and pleasant,it actually was a pleasure to stay and we will return.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 826vivvie
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Along with 5 mates we spent the weekend at this very welcoming hostelry in the middle of nowhere. Adam was a fantastic meet & greet and the lovely Becky had us all in the palm of her hand... Bill, a straight talking Yorkshireman has find gold in these two, but please don't tell me they are related to him as they are too handsome/gorgeous!
The twin rooms were more than adequate but could do with a makeover at some point... But for £75 per night we got good value for money.
Breakfasts and steaks were good but 2 out of 3 racks of lamb were very fatty... Luck of the draw I guess but not good return at £16 a pop! But other than that small glitch, shame on us for being uncomplaining Englishmen, I would recommend a VFM stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2013

The staff are friendly and efficient. The bar has a good 'Cotswoldy' feel and the food is very good with a well-priced, varied menu. But our overall experience was let down by the standard of our room which was well overdue a complete refurbishment and a good clean. It seemed to have been fitted out about 20 years ago and not updated since. Granted, at £65 for a twin room it is cheap, but I would have preferred to have paid more for a better quality room.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank summariser

Been to Merrymouth Inn? Share your experiences!