“Very nice inn, food, drinks and the owners are great!”
Review of Merrymouth Inn

Merrymouth Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Fifield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Visited the Merrymouth Inn for food and drinks while visiting the Cotswald are. I give this Inn a 10 out of 10. It is out of the way and very close to many attractions that are not on the beaten path. Even if just visiting for drinks and food or staying a few nights, you will receive the old town feeling.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here with my family last weekend and it was brilliant as always. Made so welcome by Bill and Mo.. 18 of us ate in the restaurant and the food was delicious.. The rooms are very comfortable. Bills Breakfast keeps you going all day. Loved sitting outside and having a glass of wine or pot of tea. This B&B/Pub/Restaurant is in an ideal situation and we love going back as everyone is so helpful and friendly and we have some good banter.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I can't understand the comments on the last review so far from the truth. The place is beautiful ... Rooms are lovely and clean and the beds are so comfortable .... We loved the open fire and the cosy bar and the food we had in the evening was faultless. Breakfast exceeded our expectations and no request was too much trouble. I would certainly recommend this place as it was really good value for money and I would definitely return.. Thanks bill and mo ...... Jo and Graeme xx

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 21 May 2014

On approach to this old coaching house there is a sense of promise. The entrance is through a small patio area that is well situated to catch the early evening sun and is surrounded with varied fragrant shrubs and bushes. The traditional architecture in Cotswold stone coupled with the appearance of the main building and converted outhouses give hints a warm, comfortable stay. The immediate entrance way has been given some care and attention, including a display of local goods and crafts that builds on that initial promise.

Unfortunately, on closer look it is clear that the place is in need of more than a little care and attention. The décor is tired, as are the fixtures and fittings - for me the rooms bar area seemed a little over crammed with too many tables for the space.

The menu was ok and the bar-staff and waiter attentive enough, but this was food for re-fuelling rather than for enjoyment. I had a rack of lamb which was passable but the red-currant sauce was way too watery and the accompanying vegetables over-cooked. My colleague had a chicken and spinach curry that he enjoyed without necessarily wishing to eat again.

I found the room in the converted outhouse to be really quite dreary. Room 2 was certainly in need of redecoration. On saying that, it was warm, clean and the bed reasonably comfortable. The bathroom was functional, if cramped and there was sufficient hot water, toiletries and towels etc.

The host/owner? was on top of things - he appeared to be the head chef too. (There was a large party in the dining room who seemed happy with their lot!) Breakfast was good.

I found the whole experience slightly underwhelming - I suppose everything could be described as 'okay'. I probably would not go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mike W
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We cannot fault our stay at the Merrymouth Inn, Lovely room ( 8 ) , Tina's missing her new friend Tilly the horse who liked to join us in breakfast lol, not sure if our little dog felt the same though. We are definitely going to come again soon, as Bill and his staff did everything in their power to make us feel welcome. Great food and great old fashioned service, a real treat in this day and age. Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andy M
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Had a great time at this very relaxing Hotel! From the time we walked through the door Bill greeted us knowing our names!! The food is absolutely outstanding, and the service by all the staff is excellent, nothing was too much trouble! Its very central to Bourton on the Water, Stow on the wold & Morton in the Marsh! We will definitely be back very soon!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sharon W
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Great place to stay. It’s my second time here. Mo and Bill are really very good hosts and very welcoming. The staff that work here are very friendly. It just feels like home. The food and service is excellent. My partner and I are food lovers and the food here is fresh, delicious and gorgeous. It gets really cosy, comfortable and lively in the evenings and very relaxing in front of the fire place or even if its chatting with the locals in the pub. Bedrooms were lovely and warm and very comfortable. Clean bathrooms and very neat. No complains about the shower water pressure. I understand it’s a bit less then what we get home, but we had no issues with it. As you enter, there are a few artistic paintings, hand made cushions made by Mo and other artists and sold for a good price.

This place has a very warm character from the golden yellow colors of the stones, green fields and the beauty that surrounds it and Its easy to get to various places of interest from Merrymouth Inn ( by car or by train). Thank you very much. My partner and I really enjoyed our stay and would definitely visit again and definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Reuben R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fifield
#1 of 1 in Shipton under Wychwood
Number Four at Stow Hotel & Restaurant
Number Four at Stow Hotel & Rest...
#2 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
#6 of 15 in Burford
The Shaven Crown
The Shaven Crown
#1 of 6 in Shipton under Wychwood

Been to Merrymouth Inn? Share your experiences!