“Wonderful food, wonderful hospitality”

The Rowdey Cow Cafe and Ice Cream Parlour
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Rowde
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, View, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Set in the grounds of thei dairy farm the glass fronted cafe offers spectacular views and delicious food made from local produce. There are 16 different flavours of ice cream on display which is made on site fresh from their own cows milk. There are childrens play areas and animal viewing.
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food, wonderful hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Went for the first time today taking a friend out to lunch. The cafe is very welcoming and had lovely views of open countryside. Lunch was amazing, a roast pork ciabatta with salad and chips. The portions were very generous with large chunks of pork, and a really tasty salad. My friend had the burger, which was equally good. After a break and a walk looking at all the animals, we had large ice creams. I had a cone with raspberry ripple and banoffee flavours and my friend had the baileys and honeycombe flavours. The ice cream was some of the best I have ever tasted and with generous portions, leaving us feeling very very full! I don't live locally, but will definitely be visiting again next time I am in the area.

• Visited April 2014
Sue T, Owner at The Rowdey Cow Cafe and Ice Cream Parlour, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for you kind comments. I am glad you enjoyed your meals & ice cream and we look forward to seeing you again when you are next in the area!

Oxfordshire
“Most amazing ice cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

We visited the cafe whilst holiday at Mill Farm Glamping. We were on a four-night break and visited twice so that tells you how nice it was! The ice cream flavours are vast and just delicious. The children also enjoyed the ride on tractors, animals and play area on site. Well worth a visit.

“Great ice cream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Went for first visit today , obviously busy as school holidays and having 3 small ones myself I was prepared .

Lovely little place ( limited seating ) clean and great for kids .

Only complaint was poor description on the menu .

Ordered my 6 yr old the tuna sandwich and got tuna & sweet corn . Not a major issue I know but if you've got kids who are any way fussy it is . Was not stated anywhere on the menu it had sweet corn , didn't even think to ask

Anyway the ice cream is delicious and looking forward to repeat visits to sample the various flavours .

Best avoid the place if you like quiet dining during school holidays .

• Visited April 2014
Thank you for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed your visit. I'm sorry about the Tuna Mayonnaise description, I had typed up new menus with our new opening times and made an error by missing off sweetcorn. I can assure you this has now been changed and that the rest of the menu is accurate.
“A great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I work in a farm shop restaurant so can be quite picky with similar places, but I was really impressed! The food was great, service was great & atmosphere was good! They make their own ice cream from their own cows which I think was a great niche and selling point. I hope they get bigger & bigger because they could do really well!

• Visited February 2014
Sue T, Owner at The Rowdey Cow Cafe and Ice Cream Parlour, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you for your comments & I'm glad you enjoyed your visit!
Reading, United Kingdom
“My best veggie burger!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Went here last weekend along with my 3 yr old daughter; the weather was nice and sunny.
I ordered the veggie burger (with onion marmalade) and it turned out to one of the best in my memory; supereb, highly recommendable.
There are very few things for the kids to do at the farm though. Probably, I will be here just for the burger.

• Visited March 2014
Thank you for your comments & that's great that you enjoyed the veggie burger so much. For the children we do provide crayons and colouring, There are miniature ponies, pygmy goats, sheep, cows & rheas for the children to view and there is an indoor play area in the barn with toy tractors and other toys for the children to play in. There is also an outdoor play area with slide and swings. We do not charge an entry fee so I feel that as a cafe we provide a lot for the children to keep them entertained. Maybe you didn't see this when you came but we will be happy to show you around on your next visit. Many thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.