“Breakfast sorted!!”

Cuisines: Deli
Description: Delicatessen vintage tearoom and garden
Description: Delicatessen vintage tearoom and garden
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Cafe family run affair. Friendly and welcoming. Nice cafe food and coffee/teas. Home baking was amazing. Recommend.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

I live locally and unfortunately haven't used this cafe in quite a while because of the "don't sit there" policy.
My friend and I visited today - give the place a second chance and all that - only to be told we would have to move from the window seat if a party of 4 came in. This wasn't the only table to seat 4 but what annoyed me was that there was only one other customer in there and over 15 seats available.
It's a shame because the sandwiches etc are good but I certainly won't frequent this place again.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

My friend and I went into here this morning. We thought it would be nice to sit at the table overlooking the garden. The waitress then came over and said we could not sit at this table it was for 4 people. Given that there was only one other person in there at the time we could not see what the problem was. This café has totally the wrong attitude to customers. They should be looking after their local customers. We are the ones who are here all winter. I will not be going in here again. The shame about it is the food is quite good.

2  Thank Maureen B
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Have to say that it was one of the nicest ham rolls. Served with a few cornchips and fresh salad on the side and nice pot of tea. Good coffee too. Parking not too bad. Homemade cakes and slices looked yummy too. Seats in cafe or outside in garden.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Used to be good, but recent visit very limited deli options. We had our dogs with us and had been turned away by the Eskdale Hotel, and knew from previous visits to Langholm we couldn't take them inside, so tried to buy some takeaway items as we were starving.

Soup had run out, no ham or bread in the deli to make a sandwich so we drove to Hawick. Had come all the way from Gretna.

Date of visit: March 2018