“Short stay”

The Douglas Hotel
The Douglas Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Langholm
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed on saturday night, just for one night only.Only a small hotel but the rooms were nice and clean and very warm.Choice of food good and excellent quality, would not hesitate to go back. Would like to thank all the staff for a very enjoyable stay

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here on Saturday night to catch up with friends from Scotland, Lancashire and Cumbria. The service was first class, very helpfull friendly staff, but, best of all was the food, excellent choice, reasonable price and delicious. Would not hesitate to come back again, thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Heapeyview
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Spent a night there last week, bed and breakfast basis. Deceptive hotel, not much to look at from ouside, more than made up for inside with excellent food, comfortable room and attentive owner and staff. Breakfast excellent - also tried diner "special" which was equally good. Fish from nearby Eyemouth "canny be beat"! All in all, good value.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The service was consistently excellent with helpful and polite staff throughout our stay. The building is beautifully decorated and homely without being tacky (a trait hard to find, I've found!) and the dinner and breakfast were generous portions and absolutely delicious. Cannot recommend highly enough, will definitely return!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I loved the food there it was the best restraunt I had been to in my life! I had haddock, chips, garlic bread , homemade bread with butter and fresh orange juice. I went there with family and it was amazing! I loved the service and all the kindness they had done for me and my family! When we went to the restraunt we took nearly an hour because we took our time to eat the lovely food there was! Went there on the 16/11/2013 to 17/11/2013 I loved everything there was and I will go there again so you should go and give a 5 star rating to this lovely pub/ restraunt hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My wife and I went to Langholm on Thurs to see a film at the Buccleuch Centre and needed to eat. We decided to try this Hotel on the basis of a friends advice. We were not disappointed. Although there is no car park, there is a small one close by on the other side of the street. My wife is blind so these issues are important to us.
The Douglas is an old building so disabled access is always likely to be an issue. We were shown into the dining room, which was warm and cosy, even though we were ahead of the evening meal start time. We were offered drinks straight away and given the menu. This s a mixture of small specials board and printed menu. Lots to choose from including a lower price section.Our food was prompt, hot and tasty. Portions were more than enough.
No disabled toilets and stairs to deal with but the staff were helpful and kept an eye on my wife as she moved around. Children are served in the dining room..
I have checked back and found that we could eat in the bar if we wished so that would make access reasonable for all except wheelchair users.
All in all good value, friendly and good quality. I have no hesitation in adding The Douglas to our rota of place to eat.

Room Tip: This was a meal only visit so I cannot comment.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GRAHAM H
Reviewed 23 October 2013

A warm, friendly and comfortable hotel where every effort is made to make you feel like you are still at home. The proprietors are personable and helpful. The dining area is an explosion not only of good home cooking and traditional Scottish fayre but in decor also keeping you interested whilst you munch!

I have stayed at The Douglas on a few ocassions and it would always be my first choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jo J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langholm
Eskdale Hotel
The Gables Hotel
The Gables Hotel
#1 of 5 in Gretna
The Horse and Hound Country Inn

Been to The Douglas Hotel? Share your experiences!