See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We enjoy staying in B&Bs for the opportunity to meet local hosts and other travellers, but as mature travellers we do need a certain standard, which unfortunately Dili Villa did not meet. The rooms are tiny and dark with thin, cardboard walls. One room is actually just an area separate by a hanging blanket from the rest of the general area. There is only one tiny common bathroom.
The host was very pleasant, though she was not aware of our arrival (we made reservations online and printed confirmation). In the end we decided we could not stay in those accomodations and found another place in town. I think the pricing for this spartan accomodation is very high.
Undoubtedly the backpacker crowd can enjoy the camaraderie of this home stay.

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank KsenijaCalifornia
dalingo, Owner at Dili Villa Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

We are sorry, that you did not like our guesthouse, which is a traditional family owned b&b in over 10 years. We do have several categories (cheaper cottage, twin room, suite with private bathroom).

We do not agree with your view of the facts: "There is only one tiny common bathroom" is not correct. We do have 2 Bathrooms + separate bathroom in the suite and one in the cottage.

You could have booked the suite with the private bathroom or ask for upgrade after arrival.
We do not like your style of running away without paying -even with valid booking contract- and not seeking for a solution.

Also we usually do not have backpackers as typical clients only, so we cannot understand your title "backpackers only".

Nevertheless, we feel sorry, that we could not fulfil your needs and hope you had a pleasant stay in another location.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Very welcoming hosts. Helpful, friendly and generous.
Rooms quite small and if guest house full some areas lack privacy
Home cooked food excellent and hosts very generous with vodka, beer and wine

.Nice common area to relax.
Willing to assist in onward travel arrangements.

Room tip: Suite looked large ad comfortable but cost more
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I stayed at cottage for two days in Dili Villa.
Room was clear and confortable.
It was inportant for me that The host 'Nune',she was so kind and good cook.
Room fare is reasonable, wish to visit again

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Dili Villa is a guesthouse, not a hotel, run by Nune and Ghazar. Nune spoke English, and her husband, Ghazar, a local artist and director of the museum, spoke French. It was the hospitality and helpfulness of these two that really made my stay. Nothing was too much trouble for them, and things like laundry, a picnic or a glass of beer in the evening were offered as par for the course. I was made to feel welcome at all times, and got a real insight into Dilijan and the surrounding areas. They arranged trips for me, a taxi to see some monasteries at some distance from Dilijan, a guide for some hiking in Dilijan national park, and general advice about the area which you would not have got in a hotel. It is in a really quiet traffic-free location, a short 5-min walk from the centre of Dilijan - at night, there was not a sound! If walking back at night, parts of this lane can be very dark and unlit, so best to bring a torch if you have one - I didn't, so really had to watch my step. The cooked breakfasts were great, different every day, eggs freshly laid by the hens! It was a really peaceful and relaxing few days, helped by as starry a night-sky as you could imagine. My room had its own bathroom, although I think other rooms had a shared bathroom. Although i was in Armenia for 10 days, there were still a lot of things that I did not get to see, so would like to return at some time - if I do, there would be no place in Dilijan where I would prefer to stay.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Staying with Nune & Ghazar, was like staying home with one benefit - getting plenty of insights into real Armenian life. They truly love their country and town. Moreover, Nune's food was great. Ghazar's dancing & pictures amazing. Our daughter was trying to play the piano every day. Dili Villa is the place where one can dive into real Armenia.

Date of stay: October 2012