All reviews curry naan bread gurkha restaurant lamb open kitchen lovely night nice outdoor area easy access added bonus forest of dean well worth a visit warm welcome chepstow mains nepal pun diving
Reviewed 12 September 2018

My husband and I stayed one night at The Woolaston Inn on 18th August 2018, as we were attending the Dr Hook concert in Chepstow Castle. Our room was fine and we had no issues with this. The only issue we did have really was slow service. It took a while to get checked in as there was nobody about on reception. It then took an age to be served breakfast the following morning. Despite prebooking a breakfast slot and placing an order the night before, we waited some forty minutes for our breakfast which was adequate, although rather small. On a positive, when we returned from the concert the bar was just about to close but on seeing us return, they remained open and served drinks for our group. We would stay there again but they need to be a little more of their timings.

Room Tip: They have one room which is larger than the others. Room 5 I think. Well worth the £10 extra.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2018

Eat here occasionally - takeaways more often, always good but meat in some dishes quite scant. HOWEVER - since recent takeover we've had EXCELLENT meals with superb flavour and good content of meat. Lamb Raji Rani (? :) Just gorgeous!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FYI_Guys
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Arrived on the 18th August at 7.15pm for a night's stay. The guy on reception said you are supposed to be here tomorrow, I said, No and showed him the reservation email. He then informed me that they were fully booked. I was far from impressed as I had a guaranteed booking!!
He then proceeded to take 25 minutes trying to ring the booking company whilst I stood there waiting. After the 25 minutes, I phoned them got straight through and had to get him to answer the phone to them ringing him!! No apology for the over booking, nothing!! As far as he was concerned I had no room and he made no attempt to correct the situation!! Quite shocking service from a hotel that had such good ratings!! I would still be sitting there if it was up to him. Luckily the booking company rapidly found me another room not far away. If you're going to stay here make sure that you ring them directly as well if you book via a booking site. I was shocked at his complete lack of concern at leaving me with nowhere to stay at 8pm on a Saturday night!!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I spent the day diving at NDAC followed by a night at the Wollaston. We got a very warm welcome, a comfortable and clean room and an amazing dinner. What more could we possibly want? I would highly recommend the Wollaston. The food is stunning, the staff are brilliant and it is good value for money.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We had a great stay here, comfortable and extremely friendly staff who were very accomadating. The food was also amazing!! Only downside if any was that the location is directly next to a main road making it slightly noisy at night with cars flying by. Would definitely reccomend and stay again if we were in the area.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends