“Hawk Walk & Epic Experience At Kielder Bird of Prey Centre” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kielder Water Bird of Prey Centre

Kielder Water Bird of Prey Centre
Ranked #3 of 9 things to do in Kielder
More attraction details
Owner description: Officially licensed Birds of Prey Centre set in the heart of beautiful Kielder Water and Forest Park, the only place in Britain with dark sky status.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Hawk Walk & Epic Experience At Kielder Bird of Prey Centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I was very lucky to win an epic experience at kielder bird of prey centre. I had an absolutely amazing day and I would recommend a trip to leaplish and the centre to everyone especially those who are admirers of birds and birds of prey. The hawk walk with Loki the Harris Hawk was amazing leaplish is surrounded by forest and Loki was a wonderful guide it was like experiencing a hawk in the wild who was your guide and friend and was such a beautiful experience to be face to face with a majestic hawk. The staff are amazing and very knowledgeable and you will learn alot from the day. The flying demonstration was also absolutely wonderful and to interact with such beautiful birds and creatures is really an experience to treasure. I would definately say for any bird enthusiast especially this is a day you would treasure forever. This is a wonderful day for young and old families and friends. There is a really lovely resturant a five minute walk from the centre the surroundings are beautiful and the surrounding area full of natural attractions wild life and the observatory.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Tara A

Leyland, United Kingdom
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Very Enjoyable Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We visited the Bird of Prey Centre when we staying at the lodges in November and the 4 of us were the only visitors at the time. The staff spent quite a bit of time showing us various birds and allowing us to hold them and feed them as it was their 'dinner time'. Thoroughly enjoyable as all of us love birds and birds of prey in particular. Although we paid it was well worth the cost to see these beutiful birds first hand.

1 Thank Lizand30
Newcastle Upon Tyne
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“An excellent attraction for all the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

As part of our visit to the Winder Wonderland at Kielder we were allowed free entry to the bird of prey centre. We took the time to buy some food for the deer and walk around each of the bird displays to look at some of the majestic birds.
Where the centre really comes into its own is when you talk to the staff.
All were really helpful, letting my little girls (and wife) hold the baby rabbit and the gentlemen running the bird display even included my one year old by bringing one of the owls up to him so that he could stroke it.
Nothing seemed to much hassle for the staff and you could tell by the way they talk about the birds that they have a real passion for them.
All of the birds were well looked after and appeared happy (contrary to previous reviews).

I will be coming back again (and happily paying) so that we can all see the birds flying.

1 Thank geordiepaul2010
Alnwick, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“'Breeze' delivers the goods!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I just wanted to thank Cath and Ray for their professionalism at my sisters wedding. As a surprise to my sister and the rest of the wedding congregation, we had planned to have 'Breeze' fly the wedding ring to the groom. On the day all was a great success and the feedback from guests were that they loved it! We were able to take pictures with breeze which has most definitely added some difference to the wedding album! Thank you once again for making my sisters wedding day that bit more special. I would thoroughly recommend to others.

1 Thank Doxfordfarm
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My kids just loved Kielder Birds of Prey. Thank you so much!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

How lovely to drop my kids off at school yesterday and hear that you were visiting. You may not remember us, but I have many happy memories of bringing my kids from Newcastle College up to Kielder to visit you. I used to teach kids with learning disabilities and whenever we came, you were perfectly patient and always good natured and always very entertaining.

My kids are fascinated by birds of prey and we’ve been meaning to bring them up to see you for a long time. We had great fun the couple of times we did hawk walks with you, and got a much better deal than other similar places seem to offer.

The kids came in from school yesterday and were absolutely buzzing with owl information. They’d loved your session at Newburn Manor Primary School. I think Molly was apparently eager to answer all your questions and was a bit annoyed at herself because she said “I couldn’t quite remember crepuscular!”

When they got home, they were so inspired by your session that they drew pictures for you and their teachers! Lila has just started reception and therefor is just learning to write, but was adamant that she wanted to say “Lila’s girl owl for Miss Luke and Mrs Richardson!” She recognised that it needed ‘talons’!

So, I just wanted to say thanks so much for inspiring my kids! They loved your session and it’s urged me to want to bring them up to the centre soon!

Anyway, thanks again Ray. What a nice guy and still inspiring little and not so little people!

1 Thank Jos F