“Good food and good service”
Review of The Boat Inn

The Boat Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Kielder
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Boat Inn, sits on the edge of the Kielder Water and has fantastic panoramic views. Our chef’s work to bring you the best seasonal produce and create a menu full of delicious meals for you to pick from. Pick from snacks, starters, mains and desserts; if you have an allergy simply let us know and we will be happy to cater to your needs. We also have a children’s menu for the little ones to pick from complete with colouring in sheet to keep any hunger pangs or boredom at bay. If you would prefer to not eat we also have a range of hot and cold drinks both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. Please be aware we do not serve food from 4.00pm to 5.00pm.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

In complete contrast to The Holly Bush Inn at Greenhaugh, this facility caters for all and does it really well. We were served good quality food by cheerful, friendly and helpful staff. Great value, great service! And what a view!!

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I visited the boat inn for tea as we were staying at the local caravan site. The fish and chips were lovely, I had them again the next day! The lobster looked amazing and although I didn't try it, my family said it was delicious and excellent value for money. It's also nice to stop for a hot chocolate and admire the view. I would go back.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We ate here three times whilst staying on adjoining caravan site. Overall it had very pleasant atmosphere with lovely views and good food, if a bit overpriced. A few mistakes though - but to be fair they were rectified or money refunded. The menu is a wee bit limited - would have been good to have more local meat and fish. Overall - can't give a very good so have to give average where "good" might be a better description!

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Four of us sat down in this restaurant, which is in a wonderful lakeside location. Unfortunately the food was awful and the service was such that it was clear that no - one cared.

I had a mushroom risotto containing fungi that I had difficulty cutting and even more difficulty chewing! These were set in a mush that exists once rice has been cooked for so long that the grains are no longer discernible.

What a shame; this should be a goldmine that offers food to match the superb facilities and surroundings if Kielder Water.

Tip .... take sandwiches!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Booked a table here for an evening meal on Friday night whilst en-route to the Kielder Observatory. The food was lovely & very well presented, couldn't fault any of it. The service was fast even though it was busy and the staff were great and really friendly & helpful. It was a good price too for what you got. We had stunning views a cross the lake from our table. I would recommend. We will be returning soon x