“Much better than expected”

Mercure Grenoble Meylan
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Meylan
london
“Much better than expected”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We booked here last minute having decided to break our journey to the Alps and got a deal on a superior room. I don't normally expect much from chain hotels and generally avoid them but this was a very pleasant surprise. The room and bathroom were huge and had every amenity you could need. The beds were very comfortable, there were tea and coffee making facilities and there was free, fast Wi-Fi which is always a bonus. The staff at reception were absolutely charming and couldn't have been more helpful. We didn't eat in the restaurant but the breakfast looked good. It's a ten minute drive to the centre of town but if you're just using it as an overnight stop then I would really recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Depending where your business is taking you, staying out of Grenoble like this could save you a lot of time battling the traffic in the morning.It doesn't look like a luxury hotel, but after staying here a few times I really can't fault it. Rooms are well appointed, breakfast is great and the dinner is superb (alright, there are some really good restaurants elsewhere in the region, but compared to what you usually get a chain hotels in other countries, the food really is good).

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
La Londe Les Maures, France
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Rooms are spacious, coffee maker, nice size bathroom. Very clean. What stands out is the quality of the service from all staff. Every thing is done to make you feel at home! The breakfast and dinner is of good quality and I appreciated the Bio side of the offering.

Stayed March 2013
Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

Very clean, free wifi (fast), friendly staff, very fast service. Not the most luxurious place, but very functional and modern. Good hotel for a business traveler. Fantastic view of the alps out of the back of the hotel.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Etwall, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the mercure for 3 nights on a business trip. This is a good hotel, clean,friendly and has comfortable rooms. The room rate I was on didn't include breakfast, but was available if required. The hotel is directly opposite a Carrefour and McDonald's which are handy for snacks etc. it is about a 15 € taxi ride from the centre of Grenoble, but was ideal for my business requirement in meyan. I will definitely return, many thanks.

• Stayed October 2012
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 13 September 2012

As my satnav took me in circles around Grenoble (mainly due to one way streets but I don't think thats a good enough reason!!) I was nearly in panic mode when I found myself in front of the Mercure Alpha. The hotel was booked for me by work and I had selected (from a number of options) the Mercure I presumed I had stayed in on my last trip to Grenoble (Mercure Centre Alpotel) which is right in Grenoble. Initially I was a little disappointed. You don't get to see much as a business traveller so it is nice to be in the centre of things! However, the guys at staff were really nice and I had a really spacious room looking out on the mountains - what more could you want!

As an amateur runner/jogger this is a great place to stay! Plenty of challenging hills around La Tranche and Meylan and so amazing being surrounded by mountains. This hotel has a Carrefour across the road which I ended up spending about 2 hours in! I travelled with colleagues on the first night and we ate in the hotel which was very nice. Second night I had room service and chilled in my room - even nicer! In the morning I asked for an iron and ironing board and they were delivered within 2 minutes which I was very impressed with. Breakfast was nice - nothing special - I think the express option is best. Wifi is super and tea/coffee making facilities always nice to have

Staff here are really great and its sometimes nice to be away from the hustle and bustle - there is a divine boulangerie on the corner I was nearly scared to go in to there are so many fabulous sweet things!! I will most definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank angester
United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2012

If I could give 3.5 blobs, I would. My room was a LONG walk down the corridor but was spacious, clean, quiet and comfortable when I got there. No dramas at this hotel and the staff were very friendly and polite. I will definitely stay here again in preference to Ibis and other places I have stayed around Grenoble.

Free WiFi and Air con in the room plus tea/coffee making facilities.

Breakfast was good and the evening meal too.

All in all...if you dont want low budget, but cant afford posh, then this hotel will more than meet your needs, whether it's for 1 night or 7.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meylan
Hyper-Centre
Grand Hotel Grenoble Centre
Appart'City Confort Grenoble Ino...
#1 of 2 in Montbonnot-Saint-Martin

Been to Mercure Grenoble Meylan? Share your experiences!