“Never...........”

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Maharastra
“Never...........”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I am staying with my family, my son was not feeling well, early morning i decided to took him to a hospital which is nearby (a boy who was arranging papers told me about this, i could not find anyone in the reception from morning 5 to 6 am), i found a staff in the counter, i told him that i need a transport as my son is not feeling well and the hospital is only 5 to 7 mts by walk. He informed me he need to check with HR, he made phone call, then another call, then attending a customer,,,7 mts no reply to me, we both waiting in front of him, he could not walk, opp main road i made him sit and took a an auto and went to the nearby hospital, he is admitted in the hospital now.

The property is good, but the staff, service and other factors count for a customer to visit frequently.

No, I will never come to this hotel, not only, me, my friends, family and my colleagues.

I went to restaurant, i made an order for Tea, i finished my breakfast made a phone call, still no Tea, i just came back...

thanks

Raghu

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank reghuvw
Clinton W, General Manager at Grand Estancia, responded to this review, 19 May 2012
Dear Mr.Raghu,
Let me apologize for the way you felt during your stay at our Hotel.
It was very unfortunate that our vehicles were sent out at that time, early morn for our regular guests pick up from the Salem Railway station as we do free Station and Bus Terminus transfers for all our guests who request for the same, which was the reason for the delay and not being able to assist you and your son, besides we do have a Doctor on call available from Manipal Hospital nearby.
Your Suggestions Mr. Raghu are valuable to us and we would definitely look into and treat your comments seriously.
We hope and pray your son has recovered from his illness.

Regards

Clinton@grthotels.com
099401 84250

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Grand Estancia on 19 March 2012. Needless to say, the hotel is one of the finest that I have stayed in. From an extremely friendly, courteous and efficient staff led by the redoubtable Anand Mohan, to fantastic rooms and a very nice breakfast buffet in terms of quality and quantity, this hotel has it all. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a fine experience within reasonable rates. Thank you.

Prasanth
Ex- Navy Commander

Room Tip: It is better to talk to the reception staff who are very accomodating and ever obliging in helping y...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Prasanth P
Clinton W, General Manager at Grand Estancia, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
Dear Mr. Prasanth,
All of us at GRT Grand Estancia are very fortunate for having able to accommodate you at our Hotel and we are so proud that you have enjoyed our services rendered to you at all our outlets.Your comments mean a lot to us and our guests who view the same.

We thank you for staying with us and truly appreciate your review which is very motivating and encourages us to be more hospitable and deliver friendlier services.

wilhelmshaven
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We drove from Ooty to Pondicherry, and made a break in Salem. It was like a dream you enter in India, the hotel is very clean and modern, you have a great swimming pool and the restaurant is excellent, they have the best breakfast!
The service was the best we had on our trip!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank inge l
Dear Inge,
We are all so glad that you and your family were happy with all the services that we were able to provide you during your visit at our Hotel.
Your lovely comments and motivating words of appreciation would really help me and my Team to deliver much better services to all who visit our property and we thank you for your time spent to post this review & our Chef's also thank you for noticing their breakfast presentation skills, and receipes of quality and taste.

Best Regards
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 26 March 2012

A hotel is defined by it's staff and service. During my stay, I experienced topped rated service and the staff was very responsive and courteous. This was my first stay in Salem and I would definitely recommend the to others that are traveling to Salem. The rooms were very comfortable and quite, I was able to sleep soundly (which normally is not the case).

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Krishnendu P
Dear Mr. Krish,
You have really helped us understand the true meaning of service by words of appreciation for the same rendered to you during your stay with us.Your experience at our Hotel expressed in your review is a true motivator for me and my team to work in ensuring all guests who do step into our Hotel experience the real meaning of "home away from home" with comfort and warm hospitality.

Do visit us once again as we look forward for your call.

clinton@grthotels.com
099401 84250
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Satyed with this Hotel which is yet to complete 2 years! The room was spacious and it also had a modern toilet. Obviously, all the new hotels try to have those modern features.
On the positive side, it must be the best hotel in the city. Rooms are comfortable. Their Lunch Thali (Vegetarian, in my case) was very good with a nice variety and taste and reasonably priced. The tariff was ok for the class of hotel.
On the negative side, stafff at the reception desk and the Bell could have been more friendly. I found the most friendly people only in their restaurant where I had my lunch Thali. Surprised to hear a "no" for my choice of food 2 times once from their in-room dining service and the second time at their break-fast room although immedaitely, they tried their best to rectify the mistake. In-room dining should extend a better service.

Room Tip: Pool facing room is a better option!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ganesh J
Clinton W, General Manager at Grand Estancia, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear Mr. Ganesh,
We would like to thank you in the first place for staying with us and for finding time to post your comments regards our hotel GRT Grand Estancia.
Your comments mean a lot to me and my team and we are really very grateful for the same.
These comments of yours is definitely useful for all of us at GRT Grand Estancia and we do look forward seeing you again.

Clinton Walker.
Reviewed 8 March 2012

one day I stayed there for 1 day and was reasonably happy with the stay in your hotel. The property is so best in Salem .I order dinner in room service i given order MR.SURESH he spoken to me and i asked about some food he nicely explain and MR.VIVIYAN service is good after 45minutes mr.suresh call up.... he ask about food taste .... one persion came cleard the food good room service.the swimming pool was nice.the breakfast and dinner menu were delicious.only they could have added a little more variety to the menu.overall,a pleasant good experience.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank kumari19
Clinton W, General Manager at Grand Estancia, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Ms. Kumari
It was our pleasure to see such compliments and it is definitely a morale boost to our entire team.
We are proud of Mr. Suresh and Viviyan for their service that was appreciated and thank you for your valuable comments.
We hope to see you again.

Best Regards to all at Home

clinton@grthotels.com
99401 84250
Guwahati, India
Reviewed 16 February 2012

the location,the ambience and the cool breeze touching the hotel entrance whenever you come outside in the evening are the first thoughts that comes to the mind.The room was quite spacious with all necessary ammenities inside.the room services are quick and the food is great.the staff are very welcoming,courteous and helpful.the swimming pool was nice.the breakfast and dinner menu were delicious.only they could have added a little more variety to the menu.overall,a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: stay here is a must if you happen to be in salem
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hima2011
Clinton W, General Manager at Grand Estancia, responded to this review, 18 February 2012
Dear Hima,
I would like to thank you for your comments which is definitely a good review for our viewers and guests who would get to know our property better.
Your suggestions would be looked into and implemented.Your comments are appreciated as it is very inspiring and motivates our team who always strive to meet guest expectations and and to make their stay a memorable one.
Thank you for staying with us.
Best Regards