“Kindness”

Ranked #5 of 16 Salem B&B and Inns
Bangalore
“Kindness”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The hotel was true value for money with lovely location in spite of being on a busy road, good quality toiletries, superb and courteous staff. Great experience.check in was relatively smooth,The room was exquisite, and you would almost not feel like you were in an Indian hotel. The room was clean and neat, roomy and having all the bits and pieces in a hotel room you expect. I especially liked the good working AC, Room service was quite good, nothing to complain really.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

2 Thank Vijay R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I have stayed in lodges and cheap hotels across places, but this is the worst place with even worse staff, in fact they are cheats. My mistake that I didnot check out the room before paying the money, actually we reached the hotel around 2:00am after a harrowing road travel from Bangalore (bad experience with cabbie - roads are excellent) along with my and friend's family which 2 kids of 5 years old.

2 rooms were allotted to us. The entire hotel, corridors was smelling of alcohol as if they use alcohol and not phenyl to mop their floors. In one room, the moment the door was opened, it hit us with a blast of rancid, alcohol smell, my guess it was being used for drinking just before we came. The other room's bathroom was still covered with vomit, when we went in.

This, I think has to be the worst experience any family can have when going for a weekend trip. Our plan was to just spend the night and leave early morning for Yercaud. So all those of you are planning similar trip, DO NOT fall for this hotel's pics and cheap rates.

Its not cheap, its diseased, dirty and disgusting. Its only ok if you are stone drunk and would not need any cleanliness at all, otherwise dont ever visit this hotel.

We paid Rs. 3000 for the 2 rooms, checked the room and wanted to leave. We would have spent 5 mins in the rooms, the hotel staff tells me "there is no refund on cancellation" and that he will spray some room freshener. After a lot of arguments they refunded Rs. 1500. Also when we can in he was speaking fluent English, but when we wanted the refund the person could speak only Tamil, he suddenly forgot all his English.

Overall, if you are planning to visit Yercaud with a night stay at Salem, stay in your car, bus stand, railway station or the roads (which look lot safer) but not in this hotel.

Room Tip: None, the parking outside is cleaner
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank acuser30

Travellers are raving about these Salem hotels

Chennai
Reviewed 20 May 2013

It was an unfortunate experience to stay in this hotel. First of all, location was interior. We were on a family trip to Salem and checked at 6.30 am. Knowing about the early check in I called up the hotel to ask whether it will be an extra 1 day charge. But the hotel personnel said, I had to pay 1600 for the day tariff and extra Rs.300 for the early check in. After checking in I paid them Rs.2000 and the hotel personnel confirmed that the balance would be refunded while check out. They wanted only cash and they did not accept credit card. After checking in, they did not give us any towel, soap etc. They provided after being asked. Power was not there most of the time.While checking out, the hotel people started demanding a full day tariff for the early check in and they did not allow us to check out till we paid the entire money.

They are complete cheaters and being in hotel industry, they do not know the A,B,C of hospitality.

Travelers - Never go for this third graded hotel.

Room Tip: Please don't go to this hotel
Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Vasundhara1974
Palakkad, India
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Rooms are spacious and good but the hotel should install more staff, i seriously think there is quite a shortage.. Service is good but it was quite a delay and disappointment to me. As far as the value is concerned i will give full marks but hospitality must be improved..

Room Tip: Premium A/c. The one in the first floor is good (Hallway)
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Subbaiah12031961
wellington
Reviewed 14 January 2013

It is a Hostel not a Hotel. When we arrived I wanted to leave right away.The furniture is very old and dirty. The Bathrooms have wildlife living in it. You get hot water only at 6 am in the morning. If you like spending your time in a quiet place and don't mind the hard bed or the unhelpfull staff it can be your place .
Never come back here and never advise somebody to visit.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Piakumar
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I am visiting this Hotel after a long gap of Four Years, things have drastically changed about the very nature of the hotel.. Previously the name of the hotel was 'leela palace' nut now they have changed to "laila palace". I have been told that there is no change in ownership though.

Now the hotel is quite professional and efficient than it was before.. From this visit i have learnt a very important lesson that there is a scope for improvement for any work that you do....

Anyway, talking about the stay i opted for a standard a/c room- the rooms were neat and clean, the service was also good.. However at the time of check-out i was made wait for 45 minutes to get the bill. I don't understand that part as to why there was so delay in taking the printout of the bill.. They must take care of that part because at the end i got very irritated..

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank AjanthaKishore
Pune, India
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I am from Pune, Just came here to attend a meeting to arrive at some conclusions at our office branch. During the visit I stayed at Laila Palace through the guidance of an autowala at Salem Railway Station. I opted for an high end a/c room, the room that was given to me was nice and well maintained. As a women i needed privacy and no disturbances from the working people or from the people in the neighboring rooms; I was happy with that very part.. I always eat food on the go; so ordering food to the rooms is not my style and technically speaking being an accommodating hotel, some delay can happen when ordering food to the room..
I thought the room should be little more spacious unless otherwise it was a pleasant stay for me and my purpose of my visit was also successful..

Room Tip: Diamond A/c
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo