OYO 11534 Hotel Laila Palace
Radisson
US$55
US$42
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I travelled from Bangalore and enjoyed comfort in my stay at Laila Palace. This is a quality budget hotel. I pay for what i use at reasonable cost

I recommend this budget hotel for others and all my future stay at Salem.

Thanks to Laila Palace.

Room Tip: Emerald A/c
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kalaimathi1965
Reviewed 7 November 2013

It was a budget Hotel but close to new bus stand and was ideal for catching buses to important cities. We stayed for only one night but it was fine. We had a early morning connecting bus to coimbatore and therefore we had to come down from yercaud and stay in this hotel, it was worth the price but not suggested for a longer stay. Central location is a key advantage to this hotel. Overall it was fine

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tips4KL
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The hotel was true value for money with lovely location in spite of being on a busy road, good quality toiletries, superb and courteous staff. Great experience.check in was relatively smooth,The room was exquisite, and you would almost not feel like you were in an Indian hotel. The room was clean and neat, roomy and having all the bits and pieces in a hotel room you expect. I especially liked the good working AC, Room service was quite good, nothing to complain really.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank Vijay R
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I have stayed in lodges and cheap hotels across places, but this is the worst place with even worse staff, in fact they are cheats. My mistake that I didnot check out the room before paying the money, actually we reached the hotel around 2:00am after a harrowing road travel from Bangalore (bad experience with cabbie - roads are excellent) along with my and friend's family which 2 kids of 5 years old.

2 rooms were allotted to us. The entire hotel, corridors was smelling of alcohol as if they use alcohol and not phenyl to mop their floors. In one room, the moment the door was opened, it hit us with a blast of rancid, alcohol smell, my guess it was being used for drinking just before we came. The other room's bathroom was still covered with vomit, when we went in.

This, I think has to be the worst experience any family can have when going for a weekend trip. Our plan was to just spend the night and leave early morning for Yercaud. So all those of you are planning similar trip, DO NOT fall for this hotel's pics and cheap rates.

Its not cheap, its diseased, dirty and disgusting. Its only ok if you are stone drunk and would not need any cleanliness at all, otherwise dont ever visit this hotel.

We paid Rs. 3000 for the 2 rooms, checked the room and wanted to leave. We would have spent 5 mins in the rooms, the hotel staff tells me "there is no refund on cancellation" and that he will spray some room freshener. After a lot of arguments they refunded Rs. 1500. Also when we can in he was speaking fluent English, but when we wanted the refund the person could speak only Tamil, he suddenly forgot all his English.

Overall, if you are planning to visit Yercaud with a night stay at Salem, stay in your car, bus stand, railway station or the roads (which look lot safer) but not in this hotel.

Room Tip: None, the parking outside is cleaner
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank acuser30
Reviewed 20 May 2013

It was an unfortunate experience to stay in this hotel. First of all, location was interior. We were on a family trip to Salem and checked at 6.30 am. Knowing about the early check in I called up the hotel to ask whether it will be an extra 1 day charge. But the hotel personnel said, I had to pay 1600 for the day tariff and extra Rs.300 for the early check in. After checking in I paid them Rs.2000 and the hotel personnel confirmed that the balance would be refunded while check out. They wanted only cash and they did not accept credit card. After checking in, they did not give us any towel, soap etc. They provided after being asked. Power was not there most of the time.While checking out, the hotel people started demanding a full day tariff for the early check in and they did not allow us to check out till we paid the entire money.

They are complete cheaters and being in hotel industry, they do not know the A,B,C of hospitality.

Travelers - Never go for this third graded hotel.

Room Tip: Please don't go to this hotel
Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family