“Nice Experience..”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Ranakpur
Ahmedabad, India
“Nice Experience..”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The ambience, infrastrcture & Hospitality extended to us was par excelence, I along with my colleague stayed for one Night & we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The Hotel is very good for relaxing stay at Ranakpur.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sunilk1996
ManaHotels, Public Relations Manager at Mana Hotels Ranakpur, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear sunilk1996,
Greetings of the day!
Thank you for choosing Mana Hotels for your stay in Ranakpur and for spending time writing this review for us.
Your praise about the hotel and the services are highly appreciated and we will share it with the staff as well. We would like to suggest that you stay with us for 2 nights on your next visit to Ranakpur to experience some exciting excursions such as Dam Visits, Leopard safari, Village Experience, Cottage industry visit with Camel Charisma etc.
Look forward to seeing you again.
Warn Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Hotel Mana in Ranakpur was a total surprise. I did not care to look at the website earlier and so, I was flabbergasted by looking at the hotel architecture. I must admit that the hotel architecture was something new, something innovative. A hotel employee emphasized on the 'wallless living' and I was convinced when he showed us our suite (upgraded from a room). There were glass walls all around with removable sliding wooden covers. The room had high ceiling with built in large skylight. One could lie down on the bed, watch the stars on a clear night (as I did) and watch falling raindrops on a rainy day. It was outstanding. The attached personal balcony area with several chair, a table and a large umbrella made it look like a picnic area. The surrounding garden space was equally pleasant to enjoy. The staff was attentive and quickly provided a room heater when I mentioned that the room was colder than I would like. The bathroom had modern fixtures and a nice shower area. On the flip side, the hotel has a large restaurant on the premise but the service is very slow. The breakfast was not ready until about 9 AM. The dinner orders took a very long time and was rather expensive. Two tiny rasagollas (like sparrow's eggs) cost INR 150, whereas everywhere else it would cost no more than INR 20. I must mention that the serving bowl for rasagollas was exquisite. On the whole, the hotel tariff is reasonable. The hotel can accept foreign credit cards without any problem. My overall experience was quite positive and if I am in the region, I shall definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Traveler_Worldwide,
Greetings of the day.
We would like to thank you for considering Mana Hotels for your stay in Ranakpur. Your positive words for the property & its architecture are highly appreciated. Ranakpur is endowed with nature’s beauty in abundance and that is why we have created many areas such as the balcony on the second floor where the guests can enjoy the sights and sounds of the Aravallis. We regret the slow service you encountered in the restaurant and we assure you that it will be resolved soon.
Once again, thank you for your kind words. We wish to see you & your family again at Mana Hotels to experience the improvements first hand.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 2 March 2014

It all started of very promisingly! The website looked good, reviews were great, the reservation office was prompt and helpful, and we even got an upgrade on our room, and were put in a 'villa'.
First impressions were great - great design and architecture - our room was good too- very scandinavian and lots of light.
I was very excited to have a pool, but when we went to see it - it was a HUGE disappointment. It was more like a water feature, than a pool - not at all tempting - and just a long water body that had been labelled as a 'pool'.
The staff are very sweet, but not very competent.
We were very tired, and had a late dinner. We wanted drink and a light meal, but half the alcohol on the menu was unavailable - big let down when you just want to unwind.
The food was also not that great! VERY average. Our simple aanda bhurji was too salty, and my club sandwich, was just eggs and some chicken.
Our breakfast the next morning was good. And they served us under their lovely banyan tree, which was nice.
There's nothing wrong with the property - but there's something not quite right.
You can't really see the hills, as they're on the other side of the road - so it's not really an unobstructed view of the aravallis.
On the whole- VERY AVERAGE, and even though the room was AMAZING - I think that was the only good part of it.

Room Tip: Only saw the villas, which are not really villas, but they all seem nice.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ananya R
Dear Ananya R,

Greetings of the day. First of all, we are thankful to you for choosing Mana Hotels for your stay in Ranakpur & for writing this valuable feedback. Secondly, your praise for the architecture & the promptness of our reservations department are highly appreciated.

All the issues that you have brought to our notice are noted & we are doing all the we can to resolve them. The pool issue is already into consideration as we are planning one more larger swimming pool in the property. Regarding the staff competency, we are continuously running training sessions to enhance the guest handling abilities of the members of our team. We are also very sorry to hear that the food served to you for dinner was not up to your expectations. We will be doing food trials on the items you found unsatisfactory to ensure that their taste is improved. We will also ensure that the items mentioned on our liquor menu are available throughout the year but being in a jungle area, availability is a challenge at times.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and assure you that all the matters will be resolved permanently.

Once again, thank you for writing the review & we hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Bhubaneswar, India
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Even though I had read about Hotel Mana, I must admit that I was not prepared for the first impression – glass and steel covered, stone and cement walled, stone paved walk-ways, channels with flowing water and clumps of greenery amid rock and open spaces – all in a locality that boasts only of typical Rajasthani “Havelis” with domes and ornate windows. This place beckoned to be explored even at 9 pm, when I checked in, sipping a welcome glass of rose water.
The journey to the allotted room and the room itself was thrilling. Climbing a flight of wooden stairs, following the liveried waiter carrying my suitcase, I entered the room. The décor was modern and the bed inviting. My tired bones strained towards it but I resisted the temptation – I had to explore. The wall to wall wood panel on one side of the room was actually two sliding doors that on pushing aside looked through glass at the world outside. I waited to see the morning light through it.
The bath and toilet was very cosy and well laid out. The switch panels were black and went very well with the rest. Next morning, the bath under the rain shower using the supplied toiletries was very refreshing. Just a small gap between two glass walls enclosing the shower, however, let water escape to the rest of the space, including near the wash basin and the cupboard where my luggage had been kept – the only design flaw I could see.
Before breakfast, I went around the hotel compound with my camera shooting all the angles and the stone walls. The dining space under the huge dome of steel and glass was spectacular. The inside was huge and had over 30 tables, all laid out with gleaming white covers and sparkling, upturned glass tumblers. As at the time of supper last night, there seemed to be just another family at this hotel besides my friend and I.
The breakfast was good – fresh fruit juice, eggs to order, toast and butter, south Indian fare, fruits and so on. Tea and coffee we declined, having filled in a full glass of fruit juice each.
Alas, we had to leave just after brekker – I wish I had planned to spend more time soaking in the atmosphere and visiting many sights all around the place; knowing that the wonderful room and the birds would be there to sooth me at the end of the day.
Mana hotel you must experience – do believe the notice boards placed all over the town proclaiming its attractions and extremely reasonable rates. I too have to visit this place again, but this time with my family.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
ManaHotels, Public Relations Manager at Mana Hotels Ranakpur, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear GBMukherji,
Greetings of the day from Mana Hotels, Ranakpur.
Firstly, we are thankful to you for choosing Mana Hotels for your stay in Ranakpur & spending time in writing this elaborate review for us.
Secondly, we are glad to know that Mana Hotel, Ranakpur met your all expectations & you enjoyed the architecture & services. Your choice of words about the property & its amenities is very generous & encouraging.
Once again, we thank you for choosing Mana hotels for your stay & we wish to serve you again in the near future.
Warm Regards,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Makes you feel comfortable and relaxed as soon as you step in. Courteous staff.

Prompt service, good spread for breakfast.

Premium rates but worth it. It was chilly in december 30th 2013, so couldn't use the pool. But looked exciting. The Temple is close by, so you can return and relax easily. Games, movies for children.

• Stayed December 2013
ManaHotels, Public Relations Manager at Mana Hotels Ranakpur, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear holiday365days,
Greetings of the day.
Thank you for choosing Mana Hotels Ranakpur for your December trip & writing the review for us. We appreciate this effort.
We are extremely happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. Your kind words about the property, staff & other services are inspiring for us & will motivate us to perform better in the future.
We'll share your feedback with our staff as well.
One again, we thank you for appreciating our services & we hope you will visit again to experience the other offerings in and around Ranakpur.
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I had booked this hotel based on trip advisor reviews, and wow! Did they prove right!
From the moment we entered we realized that this was a different kind of property. After all, you don' t expect to find Scandinavian design in the middle of nowhere. I must congratulate the architect and the owner for allowing the architect to have this freedom especially since you are surrounded by palace hotels in the whole of Rajasthan.
Apart from the design, the service was excellent and so was the food. We thoroughly enjoyed our short stay.

Room Tip: The villas in the front are the best.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Avani_chokshi
ManaHotels, Public Relations Manager at Mana Hotels Ranakpur, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Ms. Avani,
Greetings of the New Year!
First of all, we thank you for choosing Mana Hotels for your stay in Ranakpur and we also appreciate the time you spent in writing this review for us.
Your choice of words is generous and its nice to hear that you appreciated the architectural beauty of Mana Hotels as well as the services & food.
Once again, thank you for your kind words and we wish to see you again at Mana Hotels, Ranakpur.
Warm Regards,
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 9 December 2013

One of the best place and property (location, area, ambience and infrastructure) I have seen in ranakpur. The rooms are so well designed. there food quality is so good. the swimming pool is too small in size. Lots many indoor games (Carom, Table tennis etc) are also available to spend your time if you are accompanied with you family or friends.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Akhil,
Greetings of the day!
Thank you for choosing Mana Hotels for your stay in Ranakpur and for spending time writing this review.
Your praise about the hotel’s architecture and the services are highly appreciated and we will make it a point to share it with the staff as well.
Also, your feedback about the pool has been noted and you will be happy to know that we are already in the process of planning a second pool at the hotel soon.
We wish to see you again at Mana Hotels, Ranakpur.
Warn Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ranakpur
King's Abode
#4 of 7 in Kumbhalgarh
Aodhi Hotel
Aodhi Hotel
#2 of 7 in Kumbhalgarh

Been to Mana Hotels Ranakpur? Share your experiences!