“Cheats”
Review of Hotel Phamrong

Hotel Phamrong
Ranked #30 of 55 Pelling B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 May 2012

What can I describe a hotel which gave me a bill of 3080 and the carbon copy of the same bill with the hotel says 2600 ?
My bill says 2800 + 10% tax , hotel's bill says 2800 - 200(less for not having electricity)
Disgusting Hotel Manager called - "Neema" - pocketed that 480 bucks by overwriting the bills.

This hotel has no electricity backup. I stayed in power blackout for 2 days. After first day there was no water even. Water was made available if I go to the reception and ask for it. The manager persuaded me to book cab from him as he will give discount. I did that for 2500 whereas when I asked for the rates from 3 different tour agencies I found its supposed to be 1400. The great hotel Manager "Neema" is the biggest cheat I have found till date.

I hope the hotel MD is aware of how this person is cheating everyone.

My verdict, please stay away from this. Its pathetic. Food is also bad. You'll have only bitter memories here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DebarshiB

Reviewed 19 December 2011

Hotel Phamrong is placed in a good location. The hotel is also well decorated but the manager Tenjing does not know the minimum eticate. He started bad behaving from Day one. He denied to give any kind of service to us.He demanded money for cleaning our room.
If you are planning to stay at this hotel, please do the sight seeing from outside or else he will take minimum Rs 1000 extra.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2011

My husband and I visited Pelling on 2nd Sept,2011.
we stayed here,as it has the best location just near the taxi stand and SBI ATM in upper Pelling.The view was great from our room.The staff was extremely helpful though we faced some problem with the food,guess because of off season.They arranged for sightseeing and return trip to NJP.The sightseeing trip was good,but while returning to NJP,the driver was in ultimate hurry and he did not show us some of the places.

Room Tip: take the rooms on 1st floor or above
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We reached this hotel a day after the region witnessed heavy landslides. After inspection of many rooms which were super dirty we finally managed to stay in a room where we could manage. For dinner these guys did not have groceries. So we were asked to order by 7 pm so that they can purchase the groceries and serve us dinner by 9 pm.

Because of the landslides all sight-seeing routes were closed and as the hotel was not up to the mark we decided to check out mid-way. Our reservation was for 5 days and we checked out on the second day. The manager there had agreed to returning us the money for the remaining three days. But since we had booked through an online website our money was supposed to be refunded back to us by the hotelier to them.

Till date I have called the hotel more than ten times. Each time the manager responds that he would do it soon but it has not happened. I do not even expect that it will happen. The hotel management is corrupt and completely unprofessional. Stay here at your risk.

And we had complimentary breakfast in our booking. The second day when we reached in their restaurant half an hour after the breakfast should have actually started, these guys did not have enough groceries again. We were told that the groceries were consumed by the hotel staff the previous night. So if you still plan to stay here better stay at home.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GaganC
Reviewed 3 December 2010

A great location right near an Internet cafe and just 15 minutes walk from the monastery. The restaurant was good, though completely empty while we were there! Rooms on the top floor are very nice, two have little lofts for children connected to the rooms. Bargain hard- you can get at least a 400 rupee discount if you try! Nice balcony on top floor with views of the mountains. Hot water very temperamental. Lovely wood floors and big windows.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 28 October 2010

Stayed for one night and would have stayed longer if time permitted.

The hotel is located at the best place in pelling in sikkim. Location is right at the centre and the hotel is ne of the oldest in pelling and gas the old charm about it. The cmmon are walls are adorned with maps of Sikkim. The maps show all the trekking routes of sikkim and are great guides for trekkers. The rooms are good and offer an excellenmt view of the mountain ranges.

The food was not great but there are very good options in the vicinity so it was not a problem at all/ The service was good and we would definitely consider staying againt at this hotel

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2009

I was the only guest for 2 nights while I was there. The hotel appears to have seen better days. It has the plush trimmings but lack soul.

It was managed by a group of young men and the boss was not in town. I asked for a basic room since I did not need anything deluxe, they did not tell me over email that they did not have the basic room as stated on their website. I did not like it that the first question they asked when I was checking in was if I wanted a tour.

Breakfast was at the basement restaurant, poorly lit. The young staff tried to please but their lack of experience showed. Hot water supply unreliable.

It does have a great view of Kangchengjuncha; I could lie on the bed and watch the mountains. I would not stay here again, but next door at Garuda, which has a good restaurant and better management.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo