“Some of the best rooms in Pelling!”
Review of Hotel Phamrong

Hotel Phamrong
Ranked #30 of 55 Pelling B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed on the top floor of the hotel. It has the best rooms of the hotel, with great views. The rooms have wooden floorings and are not carpeted, therefore do not have stinking carpets. The breakfast was included in the package, but every time we went to the restaurant for breakfast, the food seemed to be over... since they had a huge tour group occupying most other rooms.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are more expensive, but some of the best in the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Shiri B

Reviewed 26 April 2013

For knowing about Phamrong, I did not had to travel.....I called them for enquiring rates. First of all they(Mr Ankit Upadhyay of their department) quoted me wrong rates and after that a lady gave me a call that those rates were wrong and gave me much higher rates. I was shocked to see her behaviour with her customers as if she was obliging me by giving room> this is extremely not the behaviour to do with any of your customer.
This hotel needs to change their staff or at least train them basic ethics of hotel management for upgrading their hotel sales.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Udita1980
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Hotel is located in Upper Pelling. If you are lucky you can have a view of Kanchenjunga from the terrace. Hotel interiors are good but they are not well maintained. Hotel staff is not very professional, specially the receptionist, who always lives in a denial mode. For small small things you need to request them many times. Food was good and but the service was slow. Breakfast timings are from 7:30 AM to 9 AM but breakfast starts at around 8:15 AM. Overall I had a very average experience. Nothing good to cheer about.

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd and 3rd floor have a good view. Please do not opt for room on the ground floor and on t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2012

What can I describe a hotel which gave me a bill of 3080 and the carbon copy of the same bill with the hotel says 2600 ?
My bill says 2800 + 10% tax , hotel's bill says 2800 - 200(less for not having electricity)
Disgusting Hotel Manager called - "Neema" - pocketed that 480 bucks by overwriting the bills.

This hotel has no electricity backup. I stayed in power blackout for 2 days. After first day there was no water even. Water was made available if I go to the reception and ask for it. The manager persuaded me to book cab from him as he will give discount. I did that for 2500 whereas when I asked for the rates from 3 different tour agencies I found its supposed to be 1400. The great hotel Manager "Neema" is the biggest cheat I have found till date.

I hope the hotel MD is aware of how this person is cheating everyone.

My verdict, please stay away from this. Its pathetic. Food is also bad. You'll have only bitter memories here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DebarshiB
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Hotel Phamrong is placed in a good location. The hotel is also well decorated but the manager Tenjing does not know the minimum eticate. He started bad behaving from Day one. He denied to give any kind of service to us.He demanded money for cleaning our room.
If you are planning to stay at this hotel, please do the sight seeing from outside or else he will take minimum Rs 1000 extra.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2011

My husband and I visited Pelling on 2nd Sept,2011.
we stayed here,as it has the best location just near the taxi stand and SBI ATM in upper Pelling.The view was great from our room.The staff was extremely helpful though we faced some problem with the food,guess because of off season.They arranged for sightseeing and return trip to NJP.The sightseeing trip was good,but while returning to NJP,the driver was in ultimate hurry and he did not show us some of the places.

Room Tip: take the rooms on 1st floor or above
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We reached this hotel a day after the region witnessed heavy landslides. After inspection of many rooms which were super dirty we finally managed to stay in a room where we could manage. For dinner these guys did not have groceries. So we were asked to order by 7 pm so that they can purchase the groceries and serve us dinner by 9 pm.

Because of the landslides all sight-seeing routes were closed and as the hotel was not up to the mark we decided to check out mid-way. Our reservation was for 5 days and we checked out on the second day. The manager there had agreed to returning us the money for the remaining three days. But since we had booked through an online website our money was supposed to be refunded back to us by the hotelier to them.

Till date I have called the hotel more than ten times. Each time the manager responds that he would do it soon but it has not happened. I do not even expect that it will happen. The hotel management is corrupt and completely unprofessional. Stay here at your risk.

And we had complimentary breakfast in our booking. The second day when we reached in their restaurant half an hour after the breakfast should have actually started, these guys did not have enough groceries again. We were told that the groceries were consumed by the hotel staff the previous night. So if you still plan to stay here better stay at home.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple