“safe haven”
Review of Hotel Valentine

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Allahabad
Hotel Valentine
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Allahabad
Reviewed 25 April 2014

during the peak of the last kumbh mela we arrived in allahabad without a booked room and all the prices for rooms in town tripled or were booked out and this was the only place left for us. the only room left was by chance the suite for a third the price any other hotel left would have cost. payed and stayed for two nights, got pretty sick and the arranged to get us another room to stay at the peak when the kumbh had over a 40 million visitors. they could have made their business but they were fair, took me to the best (and still cheap) clinic, fed me healthy food, and took good care as you would wish a hotel does when your stuck in a place and its impossible to get out (transportation broke down after a stampede). thanx for everything!
date of traveling was february 2013

Room Tip: ask for the suite; clean and big
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Loru G

Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

I would normally give this a 3 but it is far better than its current tripadvisor score of 16% so im giving it 4. This hotel is not worth 2500 rupees / night, so we negotiated hard to get a more reasonable rate of 1250 which is probably just worth it. The place was clean and the room we stayed seem to have been recently refurbished. There was no mould or smells like others suggested. WiFi never worked for us, if it did I would give it a higher score. Its in a good busy location which is important in this town where about 95% of the people on the street are men and all stare uncontrollably at your lady.

The staff were friendly and helped us out of a scam where a cycle rickshaw driver followed us for half an hour and then back to the hotel and said we owed him money for a ride which never happened.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JaimieBarber
Reviewed 9 December 2013

1500 rupees for a crap hole, at first it looks ok, but you realise fast where you are. Dirty, old, doors with holes under so you can hear everything, toilet is destroyes, cold shower, never hot. We have a room with window that looks on the corridor inside, so is humide, dark, smelly.
We lso took it because of lonely planet, mistake!!!! Dont go there!!!
Overpriced!!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucie D
Reviewed 6 March 2013

the place was dirty, bed linen not changed after the last guest. Dirty bathroom, rubbish on the floors. The place was much to expensive for what it was offering.
The breakfast buffet was ok, but not everything was there. Like e.g. hot water.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank spacecontro l
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I stayed there with my family in a deluxe room. The room was small, the bed linen was very dirty, the blanket was full of bad smell. The commode was stained. The kitchen could not provide us food as they ran out of stock. Only silver line is the location of the hotel. The location was good. It was a good property, but without maintenance it decayed. They have no separate bolt in the from inside to lock the room.

Room Tip: Still you have no choice, you should have super deluxe room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Ajoy C
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Good service prompt response
easy access
Good reception even though we reached at 2 am
Quite close to the railway station, good location
peacefull, reception was fantastic at the time of booking and confirmed even if I made calls at the wee hours to just to confirm my bookings
Good for the family and kids, could not stay long as we were on the site seeing almost

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank krangakumar
Reviewed 17 October 2010

This hotel is filthy. I can put up with dirt but even I struggle with this place. After having a shower, I noticed that my feet were dirtier after the shower, after walking around on what was once a carpet.

The walls are filthy, the bathroom is living organism, and the place is generally in a state of decay. I showered after using the toilet due to the state of it.

The shower only has a cold water tap, as does the bathroom sink. There was no toilet paper when I arrived and so I asked for some. It was delivered to the room and the staff member hinted for a tip for delivering toilet paper. I didn't take the hint.

The piece of material that you receive that I think was once a towel was vile. I think it was washed in the Ganges.

My bathroom has a large window that looks like someone has tried to break into, so there is a large bolt lock on the outside of the bathroom (in the bedroom) so no one can break into the room from outside of the hotel.

I am not sure where the photos on their website are from, but I didn't recognise anywhere here that could be them.

Redeeming features here are few, but to be fair, it is reasonably quiet and it is very near MG Road and some nice cafes etc.

It is overpriced, filthy and to be avoided at all costs.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo