This property is in a very remote location. I had to travel by road for nearly 6-7 hours from CM Corbett to reach this place. But the road trip was excellent - Nearly 100 kms of mountains and full of twists, turns and beautiful view - I could also see the Himalayas even from my room. I was in this property last week (first week of May). The temperature was around 17 degrees during the day. If you are looking for a peaceful location, this is the second best - first one being the Himalayas. Binsar is not at all commercial, so you don't need to worry about being hounded by people offering to show you places (like Mussoorie, Nainital, Corbett).
What you should do:
DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Trekking: Wake up early @5AM - get out and walk down to the village or walk up to the CM property on top of the mountain. Take the shorter route to climb up to the CM property and take the longer to come down. The longer route down is easy to walk and you will come across a place where it is absolutely silent (that you can hear people talking 1km down the hill). This place has wide variety of birds and you will hear them chirping. I would suggest that you either trek alone or be silent through out the trek to enjoy the natural beauty.
- Visit Binsar Wild Life Sanctuary which is about 10-12 kms from CM to the starting point of the Sanctuary and about 10 kms - Travel by car/vehicle. Trek from the starting point. (This is suggested only for healthy individuals). Once you reach to the top (which is another 10 kms) visit 0 point, from where you see Himalayas.
- Carry good amount of water and snacks while trekking. Do not throw the waste. Binsar is really a very beautiful place and very clean. Carry your waste back and throw it in the trash can.
What you should not expect:
Food: Food as usual is very disappointing in CM. Not many choice in buffet and a-la-carte. I did not like the food.
Restaurant: There are no restaurants around and you don't have the option but to have the food from CM.
Rooms: Rooms are not great. But much much better than the Mussoorie CM.
Valley crossing, Rock Climbing, rappling is suitable for small children and CM had taken enough care to ensure safety. My children enjoyed all 3 of them.
If you get a chance you should stay a minimum of 4 days to enjoy and rest. Hopefully you will not experience loud guests. I was not that lucky on that matter.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Club Mahindra Binsar Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Mahindra Valley Resort Binsar Hotel Binsar
- Hotel Mahindra Valley Binsar
- Resort Mahindra Valley Binsar