“TERRIBLE”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Theresa's Tearoom
Description: The only cafe in Cushendun.
Description: The only cafe in Cushendun.
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I visited sunday past with parents. They didn't have a gluten free menu so I asked what was gluten free (ie sauces and alternatives) to which the waitress went to check. Infront of my sight and hearing she asked the other staff member and came back to tell me nothing was gluten free on the menu! Im pretty sure I can have a plain chicken breast or a baked potato but whats so hard about double checking with the chef if I can have other alternatives or if they can amend a sauce? I settled with a baked potato, the meal was bland, one particular waitress was quite rude and while wiping the table wiped crumbs on me in addition to having a chat with other consumers to which she mentioned she was "skunnered" along with her outing the night before ...Whatever her reason her attitude should not be so pessimistic! To say the least I will never be back to this restaurant! Coeliac diseases is essentially a food intolerance I have to deal with inevitably not a preference, and I definitely do not need to feel undermined by rude staff, their product knowledge is awful and mannerisms a lot worse! Coming from a 4* hotel I understand the stresses of such a busy environment, but a food intolerance of any type IS serious and should not be taken lightly!

1  Thank R0sh7
There are newer reviews for Theresa's Tearoom

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I'm not a local but I make a point of going to Theresa's Tearoom at least once a fortnight: Great value, well cooked food and very friendly staff who will go out of their way to make you comfortable and at home.. Love the Cushendun fry..even if I can't eat for days after it as I'm so stuffed, best bacon and sausages in the country...you REALLY have to try this wee place!!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Last thursday my wife and I went up the Antrim Coast Road for a drive and day out, we declined to stop at Cushendun and as before eat in Theresa's tea rooms. It was a bit of a mistake for me, my wife had lasagna which she enjoyed, but I ordered the Cushendun Fry, a bad mistake.
It came with one slice of bacon about half a inch thick, 2 slices of black pudding cut thin and over cooked until crisp, a slice of veg roll, 2 sausages, bread an a egg. I enjoyed the sausages and and veg roll but never again would I order a Cushendun Fry. I will return as its normally a good spot but I will be careful what I order.

1  Thank robyou
Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

Happened to walk past this with the dog and seen tables outside. After enquiring we found we were able to bring the dog to sit by the outdoor table. Fabulous! We intended just to have a coffee but the menu was so fantastic that we had a meal. The food was fantastic and generous portions reasonably priced. Great!

2  Thank nickythebear
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The Tea Room is set beside the Bridge overlooking the River Dun in Cushendun Village, a National Trust property in County Antrim. The menu is varied and tasty, ranging from fish and chips and burgers to sandwiches, wraps and paninis accompanied by a range of hot and cold drinks. For special occasions, Theresa can produce a full Gourmet 3-course meal in the upstairs restaurant by arrangement. For a casual drop in try the all-day breakfast or Cushendun Fry - scrumptious! The fact that the Tea Room is patronised by locals as much as tourists is testimony to its popularity, and the tariff is very reasonable.

4  Thank Sean Q