“Great Beach and snorkeling, it is so beautiful and quiet” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rudy John Beach Park

Rudy John Beach Park
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Laborie
More attraction details
Owner description: This beautiful beach is on the northern side of the Laborie Bay. Laborie is a quiet village on the south-west coast of Saint Lucia, the perfect place for visitors who are looking for authentic Caribbean village life. The Rudy John Beach Park is the venue of the Jazz in the South Festival.
Newark, Delaware
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“Great Beach and snorkeling, it is so beautiful and quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

I am amazed that I am the first to review this. We loved this beach. It is only a few minute drive from Vieux Fort and is right off the highway. We ate lunch at Debbie’s first just to the west of the beach and headed back. There was not a sign, but we were directed where to turn. The beach is at the Rudy John Beach Park and you can park on top or drive down a steep driveway. It is not well marked, but it is literally on the corner of this side road and the highway. This is probably the most turquoise water on the island and lush green hillsides scattered with pretty houses border the bay. A few trees are right on the sand, providing some shade and we saw many different types of birds. There were a few people scattered around, mostly locals, but it was very quiet. I may have seen Reed Princess sitting on a bench, but not sure.

I saw a fishing boat out in the bay over some darker spots indicating to me that there was a reef there. If facing the water this is slightly to the left from the park and maybe a quarter mile out. After the boat left, I swam out and realized that there were nets held up by soda bottles. I was careful not to go into them, but could easily get around. The fish and corals were quite good here. And it had some interesting rock features, and pretty nice drop-offs. After a while, I swam back to shore, and realized there was pretty good snorkeling just off the beach right in front of the park. Nice shallow coral and a lot of fish. The coral goes right up to shore here so you actually have to walk a little to the left if facing the water and then swim around the very shallow coral. It is dead center in front of the driveway to the park. There is a covered pavilion with picnic tables and a couple benches I think. Not sure about facilities.

It was a very nice visit and was early in our trip while staying at Fox Grove on the east coast. We then went on to Rodney Bay and down to Soufriere. On our drive from Soufriere back to UVF, we were reminded how beautiful the turquoise water, green hillsides and light sand are. So many people drive right by; make a quick stop off the highway and get a different feel of St Lucia.

Visited November 2012