“Nice”
Review of Wli Waterfalls

Wli Waterfalls
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Hohoe
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Easy walk up to the lower falls, many tourists! The walk was OK, not particularly interesting but once we reached the waterfalls I was impressed! The biggest waterfall in West Africa is also the home to hundreds of bats! I did not even notice them until the guide pointed it out. We had a fab time and even attempted to climb to the upper falls until the rain and tough walk put us off (we only got to the view point, haha).

Reviewed 27 April 2013

I recommend you forget the tour centre and move on (the tour guide they gave us quit after 2mins walk. Service at Mount Afadjato is cheaper and far better.) There's no way you could get lost. I couldn't get to the upper falls

There are hotels nearby. Wli waterfalls lodge and Wli heights

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Getting to the lower fall is really easy (compared to other waterfalls in the region). Around 40 min if you walk fast and 50 min if you stop to take pictures or admire the luxuriant nature.
I would recommend going early ( we started the walk at 8.30) to avoid crowd and heat and preferably on a week day. We got very lucky coz we were alone the all time. We could enjoy the sight of all kinds of butterflies, dragonflies, birds and plants.
The place is well maintained ( there are some benches, pic nic areas, bridges ...)
We did notice some trash along the trail but not as much as people mentioned earlier, probably because it was not a busy day. I find it really sad though, that people need to liter in such a beautiful place. There should be a tighter control over rubbish disposal and the quantity of alcoholic beverages people take there. Apparently some come at Wli fall to party hard and leave all their party stuff right near the fall or on the trail.
People from the village nearby do clean up, we could see them sweeping early in the morning. They should not allow other people to come and waste their hard labour to keep the place clean. In front of such a pure thing one should just understand that you need to take back your trash.
We tried to swim but the water did not seem very deep and not knowing what was under ( we did not take a guide who could have enlighten us) we decided to be cautious. The fall is really impressive though, a must try! People from the village are really friendly , they kept greeting us. For once no one tried to stalk or get money from us.
10GHC for expat and 6GHC for locals. 1GHC for camera use.
Lovely walk! though it can get very hot in the forest. Bring water,go back home with your waste or put them in the bins!

2  Thank AccraPineapple
Reviewed 13 April 2013

A day trip from Kpando, the Wli waterfalls is a must. If you go on a weekend, go early to avoid the crowds and tour buses. Go for the upper falls and the 1.5-3hr hike each way (depending upon your pace) is worth it. Your guide will have just flip flops, but you should definitely wear more supportive tail/hiking shoes. I was like a continuous stair climb for most of the hike. Bring a large 1.5l bottle of water, a camera, and some snacks. See cocoa trees and coffee. There were also a wide variety of butterflies of all different colors and sizes along the way as well.

1  Thank jiffyzanz
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I took my nine year old son to experience the falls and take a break from Accra. We left Accra at 7am on a Tuesday and arrived at 11am. The drive took a lot longer than anticipated due to the horrible road conditions I suggest arriving even earlier than 11am. The walk to the falls is not hard but it does take about 45 min. and it gets hot very quickly. Also, this is apparently a hot spot for locals to party. The locals travel from miles around to sing, dance, eat and be merry at the falls during the day (every day according to my driver). If you're looking for a nice relaxing picnic and experience at the falls, go early. If you want to party with the locals, go after noon. There is a fee which I can't remember how much but I did notice that this fee was only subject to me an my son and not any of the 100's of locals going to party. From what I could tell, the water is not very deep although I do not know firsthand as I'm admittedly an overprotective mother and mindful of rainforest parasites. Take your video camera and catch the sounds of the bats, water, and locals singing. Pack a lunch too.