“Very hard to pay...”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“Very hard to pay...”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The location is excellent, the food good. We ate with the high tide lapping the side of the restaurant just three meters away. I agree with a lot of other comments that the waiters were all taciturn.
Everything was 4 stars until we came to pay. Had to ask three times for the bill and twice for my change. It took about thirty minutes. Not acceptable in a far from busy restaurant.

3 Thank Simon D

• Greek first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Best meal we had in Kamares”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

O Argiris is a taverna situated on the waterfront on the opposite of Kamares town. The food is traditional and absolutely amazing, the service is more casual. If you are looking for a delicious meal in a warm and relaxing setting, and a beautiful view on Kamares town itself you will find it here.

Visited July 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“we ate here twice, so nice”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We loved our stay in Kamares, and loved walking around the cove to this enchanting restaurant. The view back to Kamares was wonderful! (Prettier to look this way than the other direction.) I had lamb with wine and dill - delicious - my husband had his favorite: Greek salad and grilled octopus. A treat we shared, before the meal, was chickpea balls...delicious. It was so good we returned another night, and I had the same meal again because I adored it. Just as good the second time. Very pleasant service, no rush, just perfect. Don't miss the chickpea "soup" from the oven. Hope I can come close to recreating this. I had no idea I loved chickpeas so much.

Visited May 2014
Greece
“Home made food fast service”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

One of the best choices in Kamares,if you want home made, clean food.You should try Souvlaki Chicken,Rebithokeftedes,Mastelo and Tirokafteri.

Visited September 2013
Nova Scotia
“beatiful setting good food”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had a nice dinner here. Most of the diners were Greek which is always a great sign. I had the lamb chops and they were wonderful. The view looking across the harbour to Kamares is great after dark. Get an outside table, and enjoy a wonderful dining experience.

• Visited May 2014