“My second visit”
Review of Nymphes Hotel

Nymphes Hotel
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Kamares
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Five years I go I stayed in a nearby studio (which was great) but I had my breakfasts at the Hotel Nymphes. This time I decided to stay at the Hotel itself and I have no regrets. Once again, Mosha greeted me with smiles and a warm welcome. I was offered a second floor room for two nights as a free upgrade, and I was told I'd have to switch to a first floor room the next two nights. I took up the offer just to experience the different rooms and views out from the balconies. Both rooms were very comfortable and clean. The ensuites were a little on the small side but that was fine with me. I noted that a number of guests took a dip in the small swimming pool, but I opted for the sea which is just a stroll away down the road. Breakfasts offered plenty of choice and sustenance for the hill walker like me. I even had omelettes on a couple of mornings in addition to the yoghurt, rice pudding, cereal, soft boiled egg, bread, ham, cheese, orange juice, coffee etc. Sadly I couldn't stay till Sunday when the staff serve their delicious chick pea and onion delicacy. Maybe next year.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have the best view, including the sunset.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Nymfes hotel is opposite of the port of Kamares on the foot of a mountain - maybe 5 min walk from the beach and 10 min walk to the port. Very good located - close enough to the "centre" but far enough to be in a more quiet area.

It is a run by a nice and lovely owner and with super nice staff that are offering a very good service. They offer breakfast with a good selection of different cakes and bread which ar eall freshly baked by the owners.

The hotel is lovely decorated with lots of attention to detail and the rooms are clean and well kept.

The "only downside" for me was the bathroom. The shower head was more of a water jet cutter due to its lime deposits. As well it was splattering all over the bathroom. Same applies for the wash basin tap. Not sure if it was due to the (english) brand of the water heads or due to lime deposits in the jets.

On one day we had some ants going through the room - next day they weren't there anymore.

Overall I can give 4 of 5 points and can recommend the little hotel on the island of Sifnos.

P.S.: Rent a scooter and drive down to the south side of the island - beautiful there!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank McCurly
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed in Nymphes for 4 nights (in July 2013) and used it as a base to explore the beaches and inland towns of Sifnos. Nymphes is just a short walk away from the strip with hotels and restaurants in Kamares. The capital of Appolonia is also within easy reach by bus or taxi (approx. EUR 10) and is highly recommended for shopping, eating, drinking. The hotel benefits from a nice location close to the Kamares main beach. There's a lovely (albeit small) swimming pool which is very inviting after a day of exploring the island. The staff is also super-friendly, giving tips about what to do, and the breakfast was perfect. Only downside of this hotel is the small rooms. Whilst the bedroom itself is still Ok, we personally found the bathroom too small. Especially access to the shower (stepping over the toilet) was a bit of a pity so hopefully the owners will improve on this in the future. Nevertheless, a great value option for your stay in Kamares, Sifnos!

1  Thank paulus_adams
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This is our second time In Sifnos, and second time at Nymphes. This is becoming to feel wonderfully familiar. We chose this hotel as we had a faultless stay 2 years ago and when we chose to return to Sifnos in July this year we knew we wouldnt be choosing to stay anywhere else. Yes the rooms are a little small but they are maintained and serviced daily so perfectly that you need for nothing. We stayed in room 12 this time ( from which the sea is easily seen). The breakfasts are exactly what you would want in Greece, thick greek yogurt, fruit, cereals, breads, also cold meats and home made rice pudding, choice of hot drinks served to your choice of table( we usually sat next to the pool overlooking the sea) The people on this island are so friendly. We walked into kamares most nights ( 10 mins or 15 if you choose to walk down the little hill and across the sandy beach and get distracted and sit down to watch the most beautiful sunset) or we caught a taxi ( 10 euros max) up to Apollonia to eat and then got a taxi back down to the Kamares harbour to sit and have cocktails, coffee or ice cream outside Sifnos hotel ( decking on the beach)a lovely amble back to the hotel later.This hotel has a genteel calmness which ends to make for a very restful holiday ( thank you Mosha!)

Room Tip: rooms 12 and 13 have balconies which overlook the breakfast area and you can see the sea easily. I w...
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This hotel is absolutely wonderful. We've stayed in large 5* hotels and other beautiful places however this beats the lot! Little extra touches that just make you feel so special. The rooms are very pretty and cleaned every day with fresh towels. The breakfasts are gorgeous and just what you need including fresh breads, honey and the most delicious Yoghurt. The aroma of sweet pastries in the morning is lovely. We were in room 14 which overlooked the eating area and it was simply stunning. Mosha the lady that owns this little Gem was fantastic and so warm and friendly, always smiling and laughing. We will be visiting again next year for sure and i wouldnt even think about trying somewhere different to stay as i don't believe you would get better. (On Sundays Moshas mother make's the traditional Sifnion dish of chickpeas olive oil and onions that has cooked on very low through the night and it will be on the side at breakfast time-You must try this with lemon and bread-Divine!) We miss this place.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Excellent ! Nice sunset, "unfinishable" and tasty dessert with the Best yogurt and honey of Sifnos. Very tiny rooms with a balcony. And to conclude vert very friendly welcome (might be a consequence of the low season)

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Nymfes is perfectly located just 5 mins drive from the port of kamares where ferries arrive in Sifnos. It has a lovely pool with fantastic view. Moshe is very friendly and accommodating, agreeing readily to change our reservation dates at short notice and they even do laundry free of charge. Highly recommended. Also recommend heading up to the church (agias Simeon?) on the mountain above for a fantastic sunset view.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamares
ALK Hotel
#2 of 14 in Kamares
Petali Village Hotel
Petali Village Hotel
#1 of 7 in Apollonia

Been to Nymphes Hotel? Share your experiences!