“Excellent breakfast but buy pie from shop”

Nanaga Farmstall & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Kirkwood
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stopped for breakfast at the coffee shop. I had a very nice English breakfast. It was very good and well worth the price. We did not enjoy the cappuccino. You should rather have the coffee. My wife and son had the pie. It was good but we paid R45 each as it came with chips and a salad. I would suggest buying the pie from the shop. It cost R15.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We were so looking forward to a bite to eat as this farm stall is famous for its mouthwatering pies. Well, we arrived and had no one to show us to a table so we seated ourselves outside near the play area. We waited about 15 minutes or so only to be helped by the patrons at a neighbouring table who told us that they would call a waitress for us, as the service they had received was equally shocking. Another 10 minutes later, a surly waitress took our order. Our drinks arrived some 10 minutes thereafter and the food another 15 minutes later. This is surprising as we had arrived after 2pm, long after the lunch rush and there were not many patrons at all. The food was luckily very tasty but the service left a bitter taste in my mouth. The staff however in the shop section of the stall were very friendly, they should consider training the waitresses to same standard. The toilets were not very clean and considering you need to pay R1,00 to use them, they should be kept in a better state.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This place is very nice and they have very interesting things to buy... but the best thing ever are the home made pies!!! You must try them if you stop there. They are the best pies ever!!!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Staff friendly, food excellent love the freshly baked pies and roosterkoek. Their lemon meringues to die for (yummy yummy) lovely farm atmosphere. Worth a visit

Reviewed 9 August 2013

The person I was traveling with recommended Nanaga's. He told me of the history of the place which was very interesting. The grilled bread was absolutely great! Eat it when it just comes off the grill. I purchased bread every time we drove by the stall. Morning and evening. The venison pies were awesome. The strawberry yoghurt was some of the best I've ever had. The biltong was a treat as well. The owners and staff were very pleasant. When back in the PE / Grahamstown area this is a definite return for me.